Last Saturday I went to Frasers Hill with my colleagues. It wasn’t an official company outing. It was just an informal get together with my friends at work. A friend of mine arranged it. Yants arranged the accommodation, the BBQ dinner (she got another male colleague to help out) and the telematch games. They were really good. I couldn’t attend the telematch though because I came in a bit late that Saturday. We got up at Frasers Hill at 5pm; that’s when the gate opens to go up. If I had arrived at 5.41pm, the guards wouldn’t let me up because that would be the time that vehicles from Frasers Hill were coming down. The road was just a single lane.
The weather was wonderful. It was cool and not hot. As I arrived at 5pm, the temperature hadn’t fallen that much. So it was alright. Marsya was excited to get out of the car. My colleagues saw the car stopped at the reception of Frasers Silverpark Resort and they started to wave like mad. I quickly opened the car door and the cool wind brushed my face. I picked Marsya up and placed her on the ground. She started walking even before I could say the word “Marsya, stop…!!”. I guess she was just too happy to be walking about.
There were about 30 of us. All with maids, children and mothers. Not long everybody was touching Marsya’s face, arm and hand. Since Marsya wasn’t afraid of strangers, they enjoyed playing with her. Zaili led Marsya to the slides, and believe me, Marsya kept on asking for more slides! After the telematch, everyone retired to their rooms to get ready for the BBQ dinner. I finally had the opportunity to check into my apartment.
My first reaction was, “Is this it? Why is it so quiet? Where are the rest of the tourists?”. Kim and I were the only ones staying at block A1. The rest was in A2. I had an eerie feeling as I stepped out of the lift. As Bie opened the door, my mouth couldn’t stop reciting the Kursi. I entered the room and inspected its contents. It was just like any normal 1-bedroom studio apartment. There were two sofas, a large cupboard, a double bed, and the kitchen. I checked the bathroom. Not really something that I expected. It wasn’t as cozy as any other hotel bathrooms that I had been to (I loved Equatorial Bukit Jambul in Penang. Best..!). But I had to make do with it whether I like it or not. I quickly unpacked and bathed myself before I bathed Marsya. At 8pm, we went down for the BBQ dinner.
The dinner was good. The selection of food was nice. There was lamb, chicken, prawns, fish, sausages, coleslaw, fried rice, spaghetti, and corn. They were good. But I couldn’t enjoy them as much as I had wanted to because Marsya was walking everywhere. My dearest Bie and I had to alternately feed ourselves so that we could look out for Marsya. When the group photo was taken (well, I would say partial group photo as not everybody was in it), I was breastfeeding Marsya underneath the stars behind a fir tree! It was 10.30pm and I guess Marsya’s tantrums meant that she was sleepy. So, we retired to our room.
In the room, I had to slowly take off Marsya’s pants and jacket because they were dirty. Luckily she didn’t wake up. After that, I thought of watching Cerekarama with Bie, but soon after, I was nodding to sleep myself. So, I went to bed. I slept until about 7am. In fact, I had a good sleep, despite the initial eerie feeling I had when I entered the room. Marsya also slept soundly. She woke up twice for her morning breastfeeding, but it wasn’t such a sleep-disturbance because I just fed her naturally (the beauty of breastfeeding).
The next day, we went down to the café for breakfast. The selection wasn’t really happening. I still remember the Istana hotel breakfast buffet. The selection was among the best. A friend of mine vomited because she had too much to eat. Anyway, the morning scenery at Frasers Hill was breathtaking. It was cool and there was mist everywhere. After breakfast, we went for sightseeing at Frasers Hill. We drove to the Jeriau waterfalls (and climbed the long steps down just to touch the waterfall water) and stopped by at the clock tower to take pictures. Then we went back to the room to pack our stuff.
At 2pm, the gate to go down Frasers Hill opened. I was kind of sad. I loved the cool weather. Leaving Frasers Hill meant that I couldn’t breathe in the fresh air anymore.
Back at the office, my colleagues shared a story that made some of us here tremble. Fadz brought along her mother to the trip. At 2am, her mother was rudely woken. She stared at the foot of her bed and saw two figures, clad in white telekung looking at her. She was shocked and screamed, “Allahu Akbar!”. One of the specters disappeared. She screamed again, repeating Allahu Akbar. Then the remaining specter disappeared. Apparently, that was the only incident that took place among our small entourage. I was thankful. My family had a good sleep and we were lucky because those night visitors did not visit us at 2am to say hi…
Will post pictures soon.
The weather was wonderful. It was cool and not hot. As I arrived at 5pm, the temperature hadn’t fallen that much. So it was alright. Marsya was excited to get out of the car. My colleagues saw the car stopped at the reception of Frasers Silverpark Resort and they started to wave like mad. I quickly opened the car door and the cool wind brushed my face. I picked Marsya up and placed her on the ground. She started walking even before I could say the word “Marsya, stop…!!”. I guess she was just too happy to be walking about.
There were about 30 of us. All with maids, children and mothers. Not long everybody was touching Marsya’s face, arm and hand. Since Marsya wasn’t afraid of strangers, they enjoyed playing with her. Zaili led Marsya to the slides, and believe me, Marsya kept on asking for more slides! After the telematch, everyone retired to their rooms to get ready for the BBQ dinner. I finally had the opportunity to check into my apartment.
My first reaction was, “Is this it? Why is it so quiet? Where are the rest of the tourists?”. Kim and I were the only ones staying at block A1. The rest was in A2. I had an eerie feeling as I stepped out of the lift. As Bie opened the door, my mouth couldn’t stop reciting the Kursi. I entered the room and inspected its contents. It was just like any normal 1-bedroom studio apartment. There were two sofas, a large cupboard, a double bed, and the kitchen. I checked the bathroom. Not really something that I expected. It wasn’t as cozy as any other hotel bathrooms that I had been to (I loved Equatorial Bukit Jambul in Penang. Best..!). But I had to make do with it whether I like it or not. I quickly unpacked and bathed myself before I bathed Marsya. At 8pm, we went down for the BBQ dinner.
The dinner was good. The selection of food was nice. There was lamb, chicken, prawns, fish, sausages, coleslaw, fried rice, spaghetti, and corn. They were good. But I couldn’t enjoy them as much as I had wanted to because Marsya was walking everywhere. My dearest Bie and I had to alternately feed ourselves so that we could look out for Marsya. When the group photo was taken (well, I would say partial group photo as not everybody was in it), I was breastfeeding Marsya underneath the stars behind a fir tree! It was 10.30pm and I guess Marsya’s tantrums meant that she was sleepy. So, we retired to our room.
In the room, I had to slowly take off Marsya’s pants and jacket because they were dirty. Luckily she didn’t wake up. After that, I thought of watching Cerekarama with Bie, but soon after, I was nodding to sleep myself. So, I went to bed. I slept until about 7am. In fact, I had a good sleep, despite the initial eerie feeling I had when I entered the room. Marsya also slept soundly. She woke up twice for her morning breastfeeding, but it wasn’t such a sleep-disturbance because I just fed her naturally (the beauty of breastfeeding).
The next day, we went down to the café for breakfast. The selection wasn’t really happening. I still remember the Istana hotel breakfast buffet. The selection was among the best. A friend of mine vomited because she had too much to eat. Anyway, the morning scenery at Frasers Hill was breathtaking. It was cool and there was mist everywhere. After breakfast, we went for sightseeing at Frasers Hill. We drove to the Jeriau waterfalls (and climbed the long steps down just to touch the waterfall water) and stopped by at the clock tower to take pictures. Then we went back to the room to pack our stuff.
At 2pm, the gate to go down Frasers Hill opened. I was kind of sad. I loved the cool weather. Leaving Frasers Hill meant that I couldn’t breathe in the fresh air anymore.
Back at the office, my colleagues shared a story that made some of us here tremble. Fadz brought along her mother to the trip. At 2am, her mother was rudely woken. She stared at the foot of her bed and saw two figures, clad in white telekung looking at her. She was shocked and screamed, “Allahu Akbar!”. One of the specters disappeared. She screamed again, repeating Allahu Akbar. Then the remaining specter disappeared. Apparently, that was the only incident that took place among our small entourage. I was thankful. My family had a good sleep and we were lucky because those night visitors did not visit us at 2am to say hi…
Will post pictures soon.

2 comments:
omg. scary je ja!!! post pics soon, nak tgk marsya.
Scary kan..?? Nasib baik tak jumpa benda ngarut2. Other people there (not us lah, i.e. our group) jumpa little green men tau...
Will post pictures soon.
Post a Comment