From the moment that the HR department announced that a new executive is joining the company, my colleagues never grew tired of teasing me. They would tease me when they see me, when I’m at the ladies and when I was about to go home. So, when the executive finally joined us, everybody smiled at me in that teasing manner.
The new girl sits in front of me. She’s young. Only 27. She was previously attached to a property development company and now she’s joining us. My colleagues would go up to me and ask me, “So, how’s Marsya today?” and I’d be smiling and saying, “She’s fine”. You see, this new girl bears the same name as my daughter’s. Except that hers is spelt with the letter h.
Marsha seems nice. Soft spoken and well…, nice. I don’t know. Maybe because this is her third day here. But I do have a common platform with her. She used to live in Seremban and she used to study at the Sekolah Rendah Convent Seremban before schooling in TKC. Her older sister was also in Convent primary school. Hhmm… perhaps her sister would know some of my friends as I only joined Convent during the secondary era.
Anyway, considering that she’s still new, I am expecting a lot of teasing from my colleagues here until…, I don’t know, perhaps for another month… [sigh]… What to do. I can’t put a patent to Marsya’s name. After all, Marsha was born BEFORE Marsya. So who am I to complain?
The new girl sits in front of me. She’s young. Only 27. She was previously attached to a property development company and now she’s joining us. My colleagues would go up to me and ask me, “So, how’s Marsya today?” and I’d be smiling and saying, “She’s fine”. You see, this new girl bears the same name as my daughter’s. Except that hers is spelt with the letter h.
Marsha seems nice. Soft spoken and well…, nice. I don’t know. Maybe because this is her third day here. But I do have a common platform with her. She used to live in Seremban and she used to study at the Sekolah Rendah Convent Seremban before schooling in TKC. Her older sister was also in Convent primary school. Hhmm… perhaps her sister would know some of my friends as I only joined Convent during the secondary era.
Anyway, considering that she’s still new, I am expecting a lot of teasing from my colleagues here until…, I don’t know, perhaps for another month… [sigh]… What to do. I can’t put a patent to Marsya’s name. After all, Marsha was born BEFORE Marsya. So who am I to complain?

2 comments:
lah... tu pun nak tease ke... ur colleagues pun. heheheh.
Biasalah... they like to tease me in any way that they can. Everything that they can tease about. But I'm ok with it. They're after all my friends. So I don't really mind. So far, belum lagi tease about things yang personal, so I'm alright :)
Post a Comment