Friday, March 03, 2006

The Fours That Came And Went

I have been tagged by a friend to actually list down all the ‘fours’ that I have done throughout my entire 29 years of life. Well, here goes…


Four Jobs I Have In My Life

Currently working at a property development company (not listed by the way) in a department called Corporate Planning and Business Development. I have been here for more than 5 years now. Maybe it’s time for me to move on. To greener pastures and hopefully better pay… considering that petrol price has increased by 20% and my pay isn’t really heading towards that direction. But we’ll see. All in good time (what am I rambling about…)

Worked with an advisory company somewhere in Maxis Tower, KLCC. I did a bit of corporate finance. I find it highly fascinating. Not only was my office kind of cool, but the work was also very challenging. But alas, I couldn’t stay there long. Some people there made me want to bring a gun to work (joke lah…). So I resigned.

As a highly respected cleaner at ETAM, Eldon Square in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. It was a 3 times a week job which started as early as 6am. So I would wake up at 5am and walk all the way to the City centre and enter Eldon Square through a backdoor. There were two cleaners there. There was me, and a local lady (who wasn’t very friendly – she didn’t talk to me much). I usually alternate my duties with the local lady. If she did the top floor, I would be doing the ground floor. But I don’t know why I had to clean the toilet all the time. What to do; makan gaji lah katakan.

As a temporary teacher in a primary school in Seremban. I was only 19 so my students (the standard six ones) were very nice to me, especially the boys. They would wait for me after school and carry my books and walked home with me. And when I finished teaching there, they bought me gifts.

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over

Sabrina – starring Harrison Ford, Julia Ormond and Greg Kinear. I love this movie. I know that it’s actually a remake of the old one, but I guess I love this new version.

Pretty Woman – starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gear. I LOVE this movie and can watch it over and over again.

The Wedding Singer – starring Drew Barrymore, Adam Sandler and a few others. I like the 80’s setting and the big hairdo and Sandler is so funny in the movie

All the Bujang Lapok series (especially Bujang Lapok). I can watch all of them over and over and over again.

There are actually many other movies that I can watch over and over again. For example, Dil To Pagal Hai and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. But the above are currently at the top of my head. They’re light and entertaining and are highly suitable if you just want to rest your mind and head.

Four TV Shows I Love To Watch

CSI Miami (I like Horatio) and Vegas (I don’t like CSI New York).

Charmed – what to do. I just love all the three sister. The Power of Three is waaaayyy coool. I sometimes wish that I myself am a sexy witch.

Lost – Except that I didn’t see the last episode of the first season and dahlah nak tunjuk the second season. I know that AXN kept on showing re-runs but I always seem to miss it.

Sitcoms like Friends (my favourite), Everybody Loves Raymond (I just love Marie and her superiorness but I hate the father; obnoxious giler..!!) and That 70’s Show (but it’s not shown now.. too bad)

Four Places I've Lived

Seremban, Shah Alam, and Kuala Lumpur tu considered as one place ker? Well, if yes, then I have stayed there and am currently living in Kuala Lumpur.

Fenham in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne (that’s when I did my degree and is one of my favourite living place)

Saltley in Birmingham (that’s when my Ayah did his Phd – I loved staying here. Wouldn’t mind staying here again)

Can I just have three as I don’t think I have lived anywhere else except for the above.

Four Places I've Been On Vacation To

Nearly all of the places in the UK except for the Northern Ireland. From Scotland to Wales to Land’s End to the Midlands, etc. I love all places. So yes, I consider myself to have gone on vacation on all those cities and towns.

Bits of Europe. This was during the time when Ayah did his Phd. It was just before the end of the summer holidays back in 1988. We drove to Dover and got on the ferry to Calais. From there onwards, we went camping to various parts of Europe. We went to France, Amsterdam, West Germany (at that time East Germany was still a communist country), Luxembourg and Switzerland. The best place was Switzerland. We camped near the Lake Geneva and the view was tremendously beautiful. I loved it very much. We also managed to go to Mont Blanc (not all the way to top; just at the foot of the hill). The holidays were fantastic. We learnt a lot of things especially about the European people and their culture. Heck, we even dropped our pillows whilst on the way to Dover and we only realised it when we reached Calais.

Concorde Hotel in KL on new year of 2003. It was one of the best vacation ever. I suppose you can call it our honeymoon because we just got married a few days before.

Sutera Beach Resort in Terengganu. It was alright.

Four Places I'd Rather Be In

At this moment, right now, I’d rather be at home with my Dearest Bie and baby, just lazing.

Otherwise, I’d rather be in a first class plane to Spain for a 2-week holiday with my Dearest Bie and baby.

Or, be sitting on the pathway of the Great Wall of China while watching Marsya running here and there.

Or take Marsya on one of those baby rides in Disneyland, California.

Four of My Favourite Food

Chicken Monterey at Chillies.

Thai Food at D’Cheng Mai in Sungai Buloh (the best Thai food in the Klang Valley as agreed by my Thai friend).

Mud Pie at TGI (fantastic I tell you. It’s all chocolatey with bits of oreo in the centre…pendekata, the best dessert I have had so far)

Curry laksa at Little Penang.

Actually banyak lagi, but the above 4 are among the best. In fact, my friend’s baked macaroni pun best.

Four Websites I Visit Daily

Google.com (very effective search engine).

The Star online.

Virgin radio – the music that we all love.

Pah’s and Yamm’s blog.

Four Victims To Do This Tag

No one in particular coz if suruh pun, I doubt whether they’d do it. But these are the people that I want:

Murni

Min.

Makcik.

Zha.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

:p u got it done!!!

u listen to virgin? thats new, something i dunno abt u!

Mel Ija said...

I did, didn't I. Yes, I listen to virgin radio, nearly everyday, IF my server is not giving me headaches lah..

Anonymous said...

dear ija …

if i were to have a proper blog i am sure i would do it but since i don’t i’m sorry I have to answer it in your comments box and i shall make it brief …

Four Jobs I Have In My Life
1)Sabrina Fair boutique as an assistant manager
2)Ericsson Telecommunication sdn bhd as an industrial trainee
3)Freeman Hospital NHS Trust as a ward administrator
4)South Tyneside Hospital NHS Trust as a clinical coding officer

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
1)Pride and Prejudice (colin firth & jennifer ehle)
2)Hunt For The Red October (sean connery & alec baldwin)
3)Lela Manja (bad latif & rosnani jamil)
4)Romeo Must Die (jet lie & aliyah)

Four TV Shows I Love To Watch
1)4400
2)Desperate Housewife
3)Smallville
4)Now And Again

Four Places I've Lived
1)Bangsar & Kajang
2)Lumut
3)Keele
4)Newcastle & south shields

Four Places I've Been On Vacation To
1)Madinah & Mekah
2)Indonesia
3)New Zealand
4)Europe

Four Places I'd Rather Be In
1)Malaysia
2)Malaysia
3)Malaysia
4)Malaysia

Four of My Favorite Food
1)mum’s cooking
2)hilmi’s cooking
3)my sis’s teriyaki chicken
4)my mum in law’s puri

Four Websites I Visit Daily
1)Hotmail.com
2)Yahoomail.com
3)Sky.com
4)Star.com.my

Four Victims To Do This Tag
none

:o)

Mel Ija said...

Hahahahaha...!!

Thanks Murni. I would have thought that you'd do it in the email, but this is good as well.

Didn't realise that you once worked for a clothing boutique. Cool.. and I can't help but smile reading the places that you'd rather be in i.e. Malaysia, Malaysia, Malaysia and Malaysia..

Well, I hope you get to go back to Malaysia soon... :)

Anonymous said...

sabrina fair is actually a lingerie boutique own by a cousin ... lovely stuff and mostly comes from US - victoria secret etc ... so yes i love the job coz i get to all sorts of different things and the bit i love best to design the boutique's window display!

Mel Ija said...

Oh wow..!! Didn't know that. I thought it was a clothing line. But I do know Victoria Secret. Nice..

I would love to have the opportunity to display the window. It feels like the movie Mannequin (dunno how u spell it) where Andrew McCarthy works as a window display dresser...