Thursday, June 26, 2008

Family

An ideal young family at this point in time includes a mother, a father, a daughter and a son. And I have to admit that I have the ideal family, at this point in time. But that does not stop me from wanting to have more. In fact, I want two more children, hopefully another boy and another girl. And I think, that would be sufficient for me. I’d love to have more, but giving birth is a frightening and painful experience, and I don’t think I’d like to face a fifth birthing experience, unless of course God still wants to bestow me with more children. But of course now is not the time. Raqib is still breastfeeding and I don’t want to break him from that privilege.

My daughter Marsya is a very chatty young girl. I am potty-training her as we speak. We even bought that toilet seat thingy so that she could feel comfortable poo-pooing in the toilet, but alas, she refuses to utilize the toilet seat thingy. Doing the small thing is not much of an issue, but doing the big thing, she would always insist on wearing the diaper. And she would refuse to poo-poo UNLESS she is wearing a diaper. Oh well, it’s a start I suppose. Luckily the maid is around to help her whenever she has to go to the toilet.

My son Raqib is quite a handful these days. He is very lasak. He is now 13 months. But, he still can’t walk yet. He can stand up, balancing on his two little feet, but whenever he has to take a step, he would always shy away from it and refuses to walk on his own. But oh my God, he is a magnificent climber. He can climb just almost anything if given the chance. The stairs at my in-laws’ have already been conquered, and the sofa at the house is peanuts for him. And he also knows how to be jealous. Whenever he sees Marsya with me, he would crawl quickly towards me and climb up me, pushing his sister away in the process. And I would have two small children crying for my attention, both also sitting on my lap. Tiring? Yes.. very. But the minute he smiles me showing his two small teeth at the bottom, the tiredness somehow disappears. Well, temporarily at least.

Elizabeth Stone once said and I quote, “Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body”.

My dearest Bie is a sore eyesight these days. He looks older (I have no complain there. I have always wanted him to look older than me, NOT my age). I suppose it’s all the ‘running around’. And the stressful days he’s been having. And the stress at knowing that some of the proposals he’s proposing were hijacked by certain unscrupulous individuals. Listening to his stories make me so mad. I just can’t stand how some people can be very unethical. Well, he is in my prayers forever.

George Santayana (The Life of Reason) said, “The family is one of nature's masterpieces”, and I agree with him. I don’t think I can live without my hubby and children by my side. Thank you…





2 comments:

ManaL said...

There u go one happy family...father mother brother sister....

I guess a wife and a mother just had to divide herself to cater for the hubby and children's needs.Its a dugaan allah i tell ya, but every single achievement u have is greatly rewarded by Him.

And children are also gifts from God. So we are told that a woman who is obedient to her hubby, performing all the wajibs in the islamic teachings, looking after herself wisely and her family, protecting herself from adultery and fitnah, and etc etc, will surely be promised jannah inshallah...

Mel Ija said...

Thanks, Manal. You have just said the nicest words and I can't thank you enough for saying them. Thank you again..