I am disappointed at a lot of things today. It all began last night when suddenly the PM announced that there’d be an increase in the petrol price. The roads were badly congested yesterday after work. One was because it was raining, the other was because everyone was lining up their cars to the nearest petrol station to fill in their petrol tanks at the previous price i.e. RM1.92 per litre, because the new price is RM2.70 per litre. An increase of about 40 percent compared to the old price.
What I hate about this is because, an increase in petrol price will lead to an increase of MANY goods and services. And of course lead to an inflationary effect. I learnt this in Economics once and I had never expected to be actually applying all those theories I learnt into practice today. It’s all just so horrible. The PM isn’t affected by this. Nor are his ministers. They have petrol cards provided by their offices. So they can just fill in their tanks without having to worry how much they’re supposed to pay because.. it’s simply being paid for BY the government (using tax payers’ monies, I assume). They do not face the pressures of having to pay petrol.
Now everything is going to increase. Gas, food, even the curry puff you have for breakfast. It’s just annoying. And sad. Imagine me complaining about this. And imagine someone with lesser household income. Lagi kasihan, you know. Yes the PM said that he’ll put a curb on the food prices, but it’s easier said than done. He’s not the one who will actually monitor and check each shopping outlet to control the price of foods.
I know that the government can’t do much about this, as this relates to the world’s price, but deep down inside, I still feel that the government should have been more creative in trying to give back to the people. Find creative ways so that the people do not feel too burdened by this. I mean, they have their own think-tanks right. I’m sure they must be something that they can offer.
I am just so disappointed. And this morning, the stock market has gone down (a bit) and analysts are expecting inflation and rising interest rates. I still have some stocks to dispose. Should I be disposing them now? It makes me wonder why I hadn’t disposed them a lot sooner. Hhmm.. no rezeki.
And today, just before lunch today was my emcee audition. I was the only participant that prepared the third script aka the optional script. Others used the scripts furnished by the organizer. I guess I wanted to be different. I wanted to run away from the normal, boring stuff of emcee-ing annual dinner, or signing of MoUs. So, I did the first two mandatory scripts, and for the optional script, I emulated the MTV Asia Music Awards. I co-hosted the show with Jared Leto.
Unfortunately, Mrs Dee was not too keen on my presentation. She felt that I should be more corporate, or at least combine my passion shown as the presenter of the MTV Asia Music Awards with the two (boring) scripts given by them. So much of wanting to be creative. The other judges were okay. The members of the floor also liked my presentation. But I had wanted to impress Mrs Dee, the Director of the Group Corporate Communication. And I guess I could not quite make it. Oh well, it could just be me. Mrs Dee was only doing her job. I guess I was expecting too much from the judges. Hhmm.. mental note: You can’t impress EVERYONE.
So, combining with the effect of the rise in petrol price, and the comments by Mrs Dee, now I am feeling like s*#t… Being a bit over the top, aren’t I? Aarrgghhss… stupid increase in petrol price. Where were the promises to reduce petrol / oil price? I remember one of the opposition party’s manifests was to reduce the petrol price. Where are those promises now? Nowehere... they’re just a bunch of liars, like anyone else are during the before election-period. I hate that. Taking the people for a ride.
You know what? I have to stop here. I’m not very nice when I’m feeling like this. Till later, ok.
What I hate about this is because, an increase in petrol price will lead to an increase of MANY goods and services. And of course lead to an inflationary effect. I learnt this in Economics once and I had never expected to be actually applying all those theories I learnt into practice today. It’s all just so horrible. The PM isn’t affected by this. Nor are his ministers. They have petrol cards provided by their offices. So they can just fill in their tanks without having to worry how much they’re supposed to pay because.. it’s simply being paid for BY the government (using tax payers’ monies, I assume). They do not face the pressures of having to pay petrol.
Now everything is going to increase. Gas, food, even the curry puff you have for breakfast. It’s just annoying. And sad. Imagine me complaining about this. And imagine someone with lesser household income. Lagi kasihan, you know. Yes the PM said that he’ll put a curb on the food prices, but it’s easier said than done. He’s not the one who will actually monitor and check each shopping outlet to control the price of foods.
I know that the government can’t do much about this, as this relates to the world’s price, but deep down inside, I still feel that the government should have been more creative in trying to give back to the people. Find creative ways so that the people do not feel too burdened by this. I mean, they have their own think-tanks right. I’m sure they must be something that they can offer.
I am just so disappointed. And this morning, the stock market has gone down (a bit) and analysts are expecting inflation and rising interest rates. I still have some stocks to dispose. Should I be disposing them now? It makes me wonder why I hadn’t disposed them a lot sooner. Hhmm.. no rezeki.
And today, just before lunch today was my emcee audition. I was the only participant that prepared the third script aka the optional script. Others used the scripts furnished by the organizer. I guess I wanted to be different. I wanted to run away from the normal, boring stuff of emcee-ing annual dinner, or signing of MoUs. So, I did the first two mandatory scripts, and for the optional script, I emulated the MTV Asia Music Awards. I co-hosted the show with Jared Leto.
Unfortunately, Mrs Dee was not too keen on my presentation. She felt that I should be more corporate, or at least combine my passion shown as the presenter of the MTV Asia Music Awards with the two (boring) scripts given by them. So much of wanting to be creative. The other judges were okay. The members of the floor also liked my presentation. But I had wanted to impress Mrs Dee, the Director of the Group Corporate Communication. And I guess I could not quite make it. Oh well, it could just be me. Mrs Dee was only doing her job. I guess I was expecting too much from the judges. Hhmm.. mental note: You can’t impress EVERYONE.
So, combining with the effect of the rise in petrol price, and the comments by Mrs Dee, now I am feeling like s*#t… Being a bit over the top, aren’t I? Aarrgghhss… stupid increase in petrol price. Where were the promises to reduce petrol / oil price? I remember one of the opposition party’s manifests was to reduce the petrol price. Where are those promises now? Nowehere... they’re just a bunch of liars, like anyone else are during the before election-period. I hate that. Taking the people for a ride.
You know what? I have to stop here. I’m not very nice when I’m feeling like this. Till later, ok.

No comments:
Post a Comment