Friday, May 02, 2008

Getting Help Soon

These days I am just so tired. With the kids, work, and having to please various people. It’s just so tiring. I am still sending my kids off to PJ every morning and fetching them back later in the evenings to go back home. And what now with the futsal training, I reach home very late. And the kids, when they got home, if they’re asleep, then consider me lucky. But if their eyes are still wide awake, with no hint of sleepiness at all, then be prepared to sleep at 1.30am or at 2.00am. Though how much I try to force them to go to sleep, they just wouldn’t go to sleep, unless if it’s on their own. To me, if I am able to sleep at 12.00am, then that is already a blessing. I haven’t been sleeping earlier than that in a long time. How I wish I can go back to the days where I can sleep early with no interference from anyone or anything at all. Wishful thinking.

With my schedule like that, one can imagine how the house looks like. With toys all over the place. The sofa cushions all over the floor (Marsya likes to jump on them, or snuggle herself up among the pillows and cushions while watching TV), a mount-pile of dirty laundry. A mount-pile of washed clothes yet to be folded. The sticky floor, especially the kitchen area. And the bedrooms. I so wanted to clean the place up, and do whatever necessary, but I am so tired. So when I’m tired, of course I become lazy.

These days Bie have also become lazy. He used to be very rajin, and would sweep the floor and mop them. He would also clean the bathrooms without having been told. But gone are the days of his rajin-ness. These days, he would just lie in front of the TV or switch on the PC to play his championship manager game. He knows that the house is a mess, but he’s not doing anything about it. Yes he would arrange the cushions or the toys appropriately, and he basically looks out for Marsya, but other than that, he hasn’t been doing much. Blame it on fatigue and tiredness. But I don’t blame him. We’re both tired.

Having said that, I am getting a maid soon, to help me out with the kids and also help me around the house. She is already here, so I am going back to Seremban this weekend to check her out. Part of me is looking forward to this coz finally I have someone to help me round the house and take care of the kids, so I wouldn’t have to go to PJ anymore to send my kids to Maksu’s. But the other part of me is deeply worried. What if she turns out to be nasty? Could I bear leaving the kids into her care? Furthermore, is she a nice person? Can she help out around the house in an efficient manner? And, how’s it like having a stranger living in the same house? I guess I just have to get used to it. I don’t have a choice. I am now just so tired and I need an extra pair of hand to help me out. At this initial stage, I would probably still be sending the kids off to Maksu’s so that she can learn from Maksu how to take care of the kids (their feeding time, their food, etc). Later, I would park them at my in-laws’ house during the day, and fetch them after I got back from work. At least my in-laws can supervise her. Scary, but like I said, I don’t have a choice. This is one of the dilemmas of a working mother.

Wish me luck, ok.

2 comments:

The Pisces Man said...

Dude, where u get ur maid from? Is she local coz I know an agency who provides maids from feldas...

Us too starting to think of getting a maid, coz I want to start being productive during the weekends (as in work productive, the kind that produces income, not the other kind that produces offsprings, hahahahahahahaha), coz almost every weekend, wife's working and Ikhwan still hasn't reached the stage where he understands when his father is working. There's also the question of who can look after him should I need to go out, working.

Mel Ija said...

My maid is Indonesian lah, from Lombok somewhere. She's now at my parents' house in Seremban. I will be going back this weekend to get her, and we'll see how it goes. I don't think I'd want Felda girls. Dapat yg ok tu, oklah I suppose. But locals selalunya tak nak jadik maid. But, if you want to try, go ahead lah.

It's up to you whether you need a maid or something. I have been maid-less since 5 and a half years (into marriage) before deciding to get a maid (mainly due to tiredness and all). So, you decide lah.