Last weekend was the futsal game. It was held at Sunway Sports Planet. The company booked the entire Sports Planet for the day. It was fun. When we got there, there were just so many people; mostly players, male and female, all wearing their colourful jerseys, getting warmed up to play. I had to admit that I was quite intimidated by their actions. The cooler female ones, looked like they were ready to kick our butts. While the male players looked relaxed and more at ease.
I didn’t play in the first half. I injured my foot during training so I couldn’t run as much. But I did play in the second half. I played defense. But I also had to cover my midfield team mates. We played zoning a.k.a positioning coz most of us had never kicked footballs in our whole entire life. The coach was my dearest Bie. Yeah, he coached us for free.
We didn’t win the first game. Nor did our opponent. It was a tie. I bet though that our opponent team didn’t expect a good game from us coz during a friendly match before the actual game, we lost quite bad to them. Well serves them right for being over-confident downright suckers… hehehehe. We did win the second game though; 2-1. It was good. We had never won before, so it felt good to win. Coz I only played in the second half, I cheered like mad in the first half, especially when our team scored. Too bad we didn’t score more. The thing with our team is that, we didn’t have the finishing. There were none of us good enough to be strikers. I mean, what do you expect. We had training for two solid weeks before the game. Note that none of us played futsal on a regular basis. Heck, I had never played futsal in my whole entire life. But we had good defense. And our goalkeeper was excellent. This was acknowledged even by our male team, and some of our other opponents.
However, I am proud to announce that we managed to secure a position in the second round. Unlike our male team. And we played against one of the best teams. We weren’t intimidated by them. I guess going into second round was huge enough for us. In fact, it was a bonus already. I have a feeling that the opponent team was more pressured though. They had three good players, steady like rocks they were. Well two of them at least. The other one was just a good striker. Too bad that we lost to them; 2-0. But I didn’t think it was that bad because during the friendly match before, they managed to score quite a number of goals.
So there. I had a great time during the game. It was good to see everyone at the game. Sports can really bring people together. Anyway, we’re planning to retain this team. In fact, we were supposed to play against the Jabatan Perancang KL last Tuesday, but because we were bogged down with work, we’re postponing it to next week.
Adios..!!
I didn’t play in the first half. I injured my foot during training so I couldn’t run as much. But I did play in the second half. I played defense. But I also had to cover my midfield team mates. We played zoning a.k.a positioning coz most of us had never kicked footballs in our whole entire life. The coach was my dearest Bie. Yeah, he coached us for free.
We didn’t win the first game. Nor did our opponent. It was a tie. I bet though that our opponent team didn’t expect a good game from us coz during a friendly match before the actual game, we lost quite bad to them. Well serves them right for being over-confident downright suckers… hehehehe. We did win the second game though; 2-1. It was good. We had never won before, so it felt good to win. Coz I only played in the second half, I cheered like mad in the first half, especially when our team scored. Too bad we didn’t score more. The thing with our team is that, we didn’t have the finishing. There were none of us good enough to be strikers. I mean, what do you expect. We had training for two solid weeks before the game. Note that none of us played futsal on a regular basis. Heck, I had never played futsal in my whole entire life. But we had good defense. And our goalkeeper was excellent. This was acknowledged even by our male team, and some of our other opponents.
However, I am proud to announce that we managed to secure a position in the second round. Unlike our male team. And we played against one of the best teams. We weren’t intimidated by them. I guess going into second round was huge enough for us. In fact, it was a bonus already. I have a feeling that the opponent team was more pressured though. They had three good players, steady like rocks they were. Well two of them at least. The other one was just a good striker. Too bad that we lost to them; 2-0. But I didn’t think it was that bad because during the friendly match before, they managed to score quite a number of goals.
So there. I had a great time during the game. It was good to see everyone at the game. Sports can really bring people together. Anyway, we’re planning to retain this team. In fact, we were supposed to play against the Jabatan Perancang KL last Tuesday, but because we were bogged down with work, we’re postponing it to next week.
Adios..!!

No comments:
Post a Comment