I now have a helper at home. She’s from Indonesia. Married with two kids. She’s 27 years old. I have to admit that I am a little edgy about having a helper staying at the house. After all, my house isn’t big. But, I am coping with the idea. I got her since last Monday. Before that, she stayed with my parents for a few days. But since coming to the house, I haven’t been able to ask her to do much because I still send the kids to Maksu’s together with her. That gives time for Maksu to supervise her, and also allow her to bond with the kids. I don’t worry much about Marsya, but I do worry about Raqib. He doesn’t want to be held by her at all. So he has been crying since the past few days. Kesian dia. But I told Maksu to be strong and not to give in to his crying. I want him to familiarize himself with the maid.
So she’s been looking out for the kids. I haven’t asked her to do much at home. But yes she does clean the kitchen, fold my clothes and iron them. So far, she seems ok. But then, they all seem ok at the beginning. I just hope that I wouldn’t have to look for a replacement. I pray that she’s ok. It’s such a hassle having to look for another maid. I have four months to evaluate her anyway. So we’ll see.
Only time will tell.
So she’s been looking out for the kids. I haven’t asked her to do much at home. But yes she does clean the kitchen, fold my clothes and iron them. So far, she seems ok. But then, they all seem ok at the beginning. I just hope that I wouldn’t have to look for a replacement. I pray that she’s ok. It’s such a hassle having to look for another maid. I have four months to evaluate her anyway. So we’ll see.
Only time will tell.

2 comments:
Hello Mel Ija, noticed your callsign at Manal's place and did a U turn here.
I guess your maid must be Indonesian? Gosh, practically everyone I know in Singapore Malaysia has one.
Here unless your bank manager brother in law or father or very happy with you boleh afford one as very expensive.
None of our friends here have one.
Also there are very strict laws here re maids, believe it or not, after 6, its 'overtime'. And they have to be given few hours off a week go do studies and Sundays off.
Majority of the maids are from Phillipines....work here tiga tahun, study get a Diploma, work, get a PR and bring family here. Thus big population of Phillipinos here.
Hope your maid will be fine and you ada time to relax, ha ha. You keep well and have a nice day, Lee.
Thanks U.Lee for dropping by. I have to admit that I sometimes go to your blog too coz you seem to leave long comments on Manal's comment box. So I just had to know more about you. Interesting blog though.
Yes, she's Indonesian. Practically everyone has one here coz it's cheaper I guess. And furthermore, most parents are working and prefer to have someone at home to look out for the kids. Last time, most mothers send their kids to their parents in the kampung. But these days, that practise has changed. Hope to see you more here.
Post a Comment