Monday, September 25, 2006

A Night Out At KLCC



I went to KLCC last week to have dinner with some friends. ANA wanted to introduce me to his new fiancée and celebrate his new status as a betrothed man. Lin and I waited for him at the Dome and later, we went to the fourth floor to look for a nice eating place. At first ANA wanted to eat at the Kelantan Delights. Surprisingly, it was quite packed compared to normal days. I guess it was due to Madame Kwan’s being closed for renovation. We ended up eating at the Sundanese restaurant.

ANA treated us for the dinner. I had wanted the likes of Chilies, but he wanted rice. So be it. We talked and it was good. It had been ages since the three of us sat together and chit-chatted. ANA was quiet. Probably nervous at the thought of introducing his fiancée to me.

The foods were served and I took the first bite of the fish. Very nice. Not long after, the awaited fiancée arrived. She was small in size, rather petite and looked sweet. I don’t know why, but her size and face reminded me of ANA’s first girlfriend, the one he had difficulty forgetting. Oh well, it could just be a coincidence. She was however prettier than the ex-girlfriend.

The minute she saw me, she exclaimed loudly and said, “So this is the famous Ija”. I was a little surprised. Now what is it that that they’ve been talking about behind my back? But I kept a straight face and said, “Yup, the one and only, alright”. I didn’t like it. But I ignored her and went on eating. The fiancée didn’t speak much to me during dinner, at the beginning. But somehow later, thanks to my ‘ramah’ attitude, we were soon talking and laughing. Her favourite subject was of course ANA, her new fiancé. And that was one topic that I could go on for night. But somehow, out of my respect for ANA, as we have been friends for about 13 years now, I only told her the good stuff. On how gentleman he is, how funny he is (on those very rare occasions) and how he always seemed to be there when you wanted a lending ear. She beamed. I mean, we’re after all complimenting on her future husband.

There were few remarks by ANA that made me bit my tongue for fearing of saying it out loud. And ANA looked at me, smiling, as if saying, don’t spill the beans, ok. I think his fiancée noticed our exchange of smiles and looks, but that is just one of the things that she has to live with her. After all, I know her fiancé long before she knows him. Of course, after they get married, she would know him more than I do. But for now, she would just have to live with that fact.

We left the restaurant at a quarter to 10 in the evening. As my dearest Bie hadn’t reached KLCC to meet me, I hung out with Lin. We went to the KLCC man-made fountain lake and sat there staring at the people while talking. There were a lot of people there and I was actually quite surprised considering it’s a weekday and the next day is a working day.

Lin and I talked. It was ages since we actually did that. We used to do the hanging out bit, just both of us, quite often in the past. But when I have Marsya, the hanging out has been reduced, so on that night, we were both thankful for that rare moment; just hang out at a public place and chit-chat. We talked about a lot of things, from personal matters to work. We were both happy that ANA is finally settling down and that they’re getting married in time for Raya Haji next year. And of course we talked about ANA; things which should not very well be revealed during our dinner with the fiancée. And we laughed out loud when reminiscing the past. It was good.

My dearest Bie arrived at half past ten. Then we left KLCC.


2 comments:

The Pisces Man said...

So u enjoyed your time huh? U must have been able to entangle your stress.. Anyway, Selamat Menyambut Ramadhan.

Mel Ija said...

Not too bad. It was nice to meet old friends. Besides, I learnt not to dwell on the stress too long. Unhealthy.