This morning I woke up with a terrible headache and the urges of wanting to vomit is overwhelming. It was tiring and not something I look forward to these days. I haven’t been fasting for a week now. I had wanted to but my current circumstances forbid me from doing so. I would get terrible gastric and vomit till there’s nothing else to throw up… [sigh]… and I would be dead tired after that. My limbs would be sore and I would feel like lying down for hours and hours. But I couldn’t afford to do that as I still have to go to work. At work, I would be walking like a zombie and when the clock reached 1pm, I would be the first to go to the surau for my afternoon nap. I have to take naps these days. Otherwise, I would feel all sick inside and wouldn’t be able to hold my head up. I would feel that the room is spinning and that within seconds; I would collapse together with the room.
All these happened last Tuesday (3 October 2006). Prior to that, I had none of this dizzy spells or sickness. I had the appetite to eat, I didn’t vomit and I didn’t feel tired all the time. But today, and perhaps for the next couple of months, I would feel nausea, throw up, feel tired, loose appetite, and the list goes on and on. Luckily I could still look at food (certain food only) and eat rice. Last time, I couldn’t even look at rice. They looked like little maggots to me. But I still do HATE the smell of cooking. The smell of onions and garlic being fried, chicken curry, sambal tumis, sayur goreng,… yuucckkkss… (My face cringes as I wrote this down. I can’t stand them..!! But the smell is all around me, especially when I go over to Maksu’s place to fetch Marsya. I hate it terribly).
It all began on the 30th of September. My period has been delayed over a week. I wanted to do the pregnancy test a lot sooner but I feared that the result wouldn’t be on my side. I had been trying for about two months and I really wanted to get pregnant. My friends whose babies are younger than my daughter are having their second ones and that sort of encouraged me to get started on having a second baby. My dearest Bie seemed to think that I have been showing the early signs, but he didn’t say anything. He just bought the pregnancy test and said, “Maybe it’s time that we check it out”.
So after sahur on 30th September, I proceeded to take the test. I waited for two minutes. But somehow the two minutes dragged till it became four minutes. I was afraid. Afraid that the early signs were false alarms. After four minutes, I went to the bathroom to look at the result. There were double lines in the result area. I had to read back the instruction and guidelines on the box to be certain. Double lines shows that you are pregnant. Oh my God… praise to Allah, I am pregnant. I walked out of the bathroom beaming from ear to ear. Bie saw me and said, “I knew you were pregnant. The signs were all there”. He kissed my forehead and congratulated me.
I didn’t go see my gynecologist till the 3rd of October, after the terrible vomits and gastric. She confirmed that I was pregnant but as it is still very early, she didn’t see any heartbeat. That worried me a bit, because I wanted to see the baby’s heart beat, just an assurance that the baby’s fine, somewhere in my uterus. So she asked me to see her again on the 17th to check on the baby’s heartbeat. I can’t wait for that.
So there you go, I am letting the world know that I am pregnant with a second baby. As much as I’d like to be pregnant, I forgot how horrendous the first trimester is. I am experiencing quite a bad morning sickness (make it an all day sickness) and I can’t wait for my second trimester where I would be a lot stronger (Insya Allah) and have the appetite to eat; no nausea or vomits. But I am thankful that so far… (let’s hope it’ll be like this until I reach the second trimester) that this time, it isn’t as bad as when I was pregnant with Marsya… SO far. I hope I’m not saying it too soon. When I had Marsya, I was really sick. Let’s hope that this pregnancy wouldn’t be as bad or better still, worse than the first one. I don’t think I can take that. Yes I’d still be tired and all and moody, but I think Allah gave me a little strength still because I have a daughter to take care of. A daughter who is suddenly showing so many tantrums and does not want to stop breastfeeding… [sigh]… that’s another issue I have to handle. How do I stop my baby from breastfeeding… any idea?
Anyway, please pray that both my unborn child and I are well and healthy. I truly can’t wait to see the baby soon. I hope that he or she is always under the protection of Allah most Merciful, and I also hope that I’ll deliver him or her safely in about ten months’ time… Insya-Allah.
All these happened last Tuesday (3 October 2006). Prior to that, I had none of this dizzy spells or sickness. I had the appetite to eat, I didn’t vomit and I didn’t feel tired all the time. But today, and perhaps for the next couple of months, I would feel nausea, throw up, feel tired, loose appetite, and the list goes on and on. Luckily I could still look at food (certain food only) and eat rice. Last time, I couldn’t even look at rice. They looked like little maggots to me. But I still do HATE the smell of cooking. The smell of onions and garlic being fried, chicken curry, sambal tumis, sayur goreng,… yuucckkkss… (My face cringes as I wrote this down. I can’t stand them..!! But the smell is all around me, especially when I go over to Maksu’s place to fetch Marsya. I hate it terribly).
It all began on the 30th of September. My period has been delayed over a week. I wanted to do the pregnancy test a lot sooner but I feared that the result wouldn’t be on my side. I had been trying for about two months and I really wanted to get pregnant. My friends whose babies are younger than my daughter are having their second ones and that sort of encouraged me to get started on having a second baby. My dearest Bie seemed to think that I have been showing the early signs, but he didn’t say anything. He just bought the pregnancy test and said, “Maybe it’s time that we check it out”.
So after sahur on 30th September, I proceeded to take the test. I waited for two minutes. But somehow the two minutes dragged till it became four minutes. I was afraid. Afraid that the early signs were false alarms. After four minutes, I went to the bathroom to look at the result. There were double lines in the result area. I had to read back the instruction and guidelines on the box to be certain. Double lines shows that you are pregnant. Oh my God… praise to Allah, I am pregnant. I walked out of the bathroom beaming from ear to ear. Bie saw me and said, “I knew you were pregnant. The signs were all there”. He kissed my forehead and congratulated me.
I didn’t go see my gynecologist till the 3rd of October, after the terrible vomits and gastric. She confirmed that I was pregnant but as it is still very early, she didn’t see any heartbeat. That worried me a bit, because I wanted to see the baby’s heart beat, just an assurance that the baby’s fine, somewhere in my uterus. So she asked me to see her again on the 17th to check on the baby’s heartbeat. I can’t wait for that.
So there you go, I am letting the world know that I am pregnant with a second baby. As much as I’d like to be pregnant, I forgot how horrendous the first trimester is. I am experiencing quite a bad morning sickness (make it an all day sickness) and I can’t wait for my second trimester where I would be a lot stronger (Insya Allah) and have the appetite to eat; no nausea or vomits. But I am thankful that so far… (let’s hope it’ll be like this until I reach the second trimester) that this time, it isn’t as bad as when I was pregnant with Marsya… SO far. I hope I’m not saying it too soon. When I had Marsya, I was really sick. Let’s hope that this pregnancy wouldn’t be as bad or better still, worse than the first one. I don’t think I can take that. Yes I’d still be tired and all and moody, but I think Allah gave me a little strength still because I have a daughter to take care of. A daughter who is suddenly showing so many tantrums and does not want to stop breastfeeding… [sigh]… that’s another issue I have to handle. How do I stop my baby from breastfeeding… any idea?
Anyway, please pray that both my unborn child and I are well and healthy. I truly can’t wait to see the baby soon. I hope that he or she is always under the protection of Allah most Merciful, and I also hope that I’ll deliver him or her safely in about ten months’ time… Insya-Allah.

4 comments:
:-) Alhamdulillah. My dua is always with you, marsya and your new one.
hugs
Thank you for your prayers.. :)
Insha' Allah, you and your family (including the unborn child) will be well and healthy. Congrats for the good news and hope that you'll be fine and strong throughout the semester, ops, sori, I mean trimester (first and second). :)
Apa daa semester, abdun.. hehehehe.. trimester lah. Well, I can't wait to get through the first trimester. The second trimester is the best coz the body would be a bit stronger and appetite pun dah ada, but the third trimester... alahai, I need luck there. I really do.
Thanks for the prayers.
Post a Comment