Friday, June 09, 2006

Happy Week

When Maksu told me that she was going back to Taiping for the school holidays, I felt tired. I mean, don’t get me wrong, Maksu can go back to her kampung if she wishes to. After all, she still has Tok Wan (her father-in-law) and besides, she needs to take a break after taking care of the kids at home. But that would mean that I have to go back to Seremban and commute daily Seremban-KL. To tell you the truth, I love commuting from Seremban to KL and back. Why? Well, I don’t have to drive, Bie does. And my office is just off Sungai Besi, so I don’t have to go through such terrible traffic jam. Unfortunate for my dearest Bie, he has to face a couple of traffic jams in order to reach his office. However, with the price of petrol these days costing RM1.92 per litre, we would probably have to spend about RM250 for petrol, not to mention the tolls, which add up to RM86. And this is just for the week. Bie just felt that it would be financially constraining. So, the only thing, which we resorted to do, was borrow Bibik from Ibu.

So last Sunday when we went to Gambang to send my brother off to his college, Ayah brought Bibik along. But when he went back to Seremban that night, he left Bibik with us. Thus the week started with Bibik staying with me.

Mentally, I felt relieved. I am not only leaving Marsya in good hands (Insya Allah, so far Bibik nampak macam sayang jer dengan Marsya), but I am also leaving the house in good hands.

Last Monday, I was on leave as I needed to assist Bibik to get accustomed to the house. When I woke up, she had already mopped the floor and cleared my kitchen, like arranging things in the right order, getting rid of unwanted items and folding my plastic bags, which I have to admit; it’s not something that I am patient with. I don’t even have time to fold my own laundry, let alone plastic bags..!! But she did it. My shelf was cleaned from any dust and my picture frames too didn’t have any dust on them. So I went about doing my laundry and taught her how to use the washing machine, microwave and iron.

Bibik cooked and ironed the clothes. I took care of Marsya. I bathed her, fed her, and played with her. Bibik did all the other chores. When my dearest Bie got home that evening, he felt good too. Otherwise, he had to park his car at the LRT Wangsa Maju, take the LRT to Taman Jaya to meet me, and then go off to Maksu’s place. After dinner, we would drive back to our house and reach it at only 10pm; too tired to do anything else. So yes, he likes having Bibik around.

On Tuesday, I had to go back to work. But I called Bibik occasionally to query on Marsya. And that evening, when the clock struck 5.30pm, I was eager to go home. It has been such a long time since I reached my home while the sun was still in the sky. Bibik had already fed Marsya and my laundry had been sorted out. While I played with my daughter, Bibik went to the kitchen to cook dinner. I felt at ease. I wasn’t tired mentally as I had help in sorting out the house and my daughter while I was away.

Last night, I left Marsya with Bibik while I went to KLCC with my dearest Bie to see X-MEN: THE LAST STAND. We watched the 9.30pm show (really good… I loved it). When I got home, Marsya was already asleep.

Today is already Friday. Tomorrow, I have to bring Bibik back to Ibu. Next week is the beginning of the school term and the roads will be busy again. I have to go back to my daily routine; leave the house at 6.30am to send Marsya to Maksu’s place and in the later part of the day, reach home at 10pm, too tired to do anything else.

[Sigh]… oh well, what to do.

Bibik’s contract is expiring this October. She has expressed her interest to stay on. In fact, she has been receiving other offers from three parties who want her as their maids. Ibu does not want to renew her because Ibu is retiring early next year. And since my brothers no longer stay at home (except for Ayon), there’s nothing much that Bibik does. So Ibu is thinking of letting her go so that Bibik can stay with me and help me out. Hhmm.. something to think about.

No comments: