Monday, July 06, 2009

Happy Monday Everyone

Considering that I was tired yesterday, surprisingly today, I am quite in a chirpy mood. Weird, eh? Yesterday, the minute I opened my eyes, I went to Carrefour, bought a lot of groceries to last me hopefully a week or a week and a half, and took about an hour and a half to stock up all the foodstocks purchased. The prawns, squids, fishes and chickens, needed to be sorted out. Luckily I had the maid to help out. Or else, I don’t think I’d be able to do it.

After that, I dressed up and left for Sri Hartamas coz CT am was having an Aqiqah kenduri for her second boy, Ammar, who was so cute by the way, dressed up in a sailor suit. I ate a lot (ok, what else is new?) and met many old friends like dear Meeha, Manal, Suzie, Hawa. The house itself was really nice. I like Kensington Park. It sounds very posh (like the house in Peter Pan.. Wendy lives in Kensington Garden) and it looks very good too. Gated and guarded. Very nice indeed. Anyway, we left at about 5-ish, and headed straight to Alpha Angle to cut Raqib’s hair. Yes, he virtually has no hair now. Well, very little. But I like it. I hope the new hair that comes out is even better.

Then, we went home and after Maghrib, we went back out, this time, just me and Bie and headed towards USJ because Bie wanted to see someone about work. And that someone happens to be a husband of a dear friend, Farah, whose mother happens to open an eating place there (in front of Taylor’s College) selling all types of Thai cuisines. Her mother’s Thai. And, I ate there too. The Tom Yam is really nice. Spicy and hot. Bie had the Green Curry Chicken with rice. Also very spicy. After that we had the appetizer (I know.. terbalik. Main meal first, and then the appetizer). I can’t remember the name. Meng Khaim or something. Basically daun kaduk with peanuts, fried coconut and sauce. I was really full when I got back. Anyway, we hung out until 11.20pm. And reached the house only at about 12 am. So one can only imagine how tiring it was. Luckily the kids were all asleep.

And that wasn’t all. I didn’t immediately go to sleep. After prayers, I made coffee for both Bie and myself. And watched TV until about 2am. It was a quiet moment for us. The kids were asleep; we had the TV for ourselves. Otherwise, we wouldn’t be able to watch it because the kids would be watching cartoons all the time. Power Puff Girls, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Elmo’s World, Tom & Jerry, you name it. They watch it. So yeah, it was peaceful time for us. So we watched Video Scope on VH1. They were paying a tribute to Michael Jakcson. I honestly don’t understand what the tribute is all about. When he was alive, people were scorning him, talking bad about his appearances, his outrageous and weird antics, and who could forget the allegations that were made against him. But when he is gone, people pay tributes for him, and suddenly everyone wants to give eulogies. I mean, how hypocritical is that? I pity MJ. I just wish that he rests in peace, wherever he is. He has gone to meet his Maker. We should be praying for him. Hmm.. let’s hope that he’ll be ok. Anyway, I even managed to see Federer won against Roddick. My heart went to Roddick (or whatever his name is.. I am NOT a fan of tennis, and I DON’T watch the game. But Bie wanted to see who would win, and luckily we managed to see it end, after 4 hours of game.. penat kan. I mean, 4 hours.. gosh, I wouldn’t last 15 minutes). Anyway, this Roddick guy was VERY emotional. He was crying. His nose was red. Federer was all beaming with happiness. Hhmm.. pity the poor fella. The other fella, I mean.

So yeah, I slept at 2am. And at 6.30pm, I was already awake, ready to go to work. So just imagine, 4 and a half hours of sleep, and I am chirpy this morning. Weird, eh??

No comments: