I look forward to 2009. I have a feeling that it is going to be a good year for me and the family. In all aspects, be it financially or socially. There are many things that I wanted to do in 2008 but were not done. First and foremost, of course I want to go to Awana Kijal (I know it’s local, and isn’t that expensive, but I have personal priorities to take care of) and if rezeki permits it, I want to take the whole family to New Zealand. That trip is something that I really look forward to, and I know that it has to happen this year.. Insya Allah. Then of course I’ve got some personal resolutions that I hope to carry out for this year. We’ll see. A step at a time.
Apart from that, my little girl is going to school. Well, not the proper school kind of thing, but a kindergarten or playschool. I wasn’t sure whether that was what I wanted for her. I mean, she’s still my baby. She still sleeps with me with her arms around me and whenever she cries, she will look for me. Therefore, I don’t know whether I should be sending her to school already. Mentally, I’m actually not prepared. I know that Maksu feels that Marsya is ready for school. She likes making new friends and she’s quite bright for her age (we’re being biased because Marsya is after all my daughter and Maksu’s grand-daughter). So, better stimulate that brightness in a right way at an early age.
Tomorrow, she’s going to be four years old. And I know that school would be the perfect place for her. Bie is definitely into the school thing 110 percent. He feels that it would do her good. She would learn how to read, make new friends, and learn many new things.
The school is based on Islamic principles but with an English medium. The teacher is asking me to put Marsya in the tahfiz classes as well, but I think I’d stick to just the playschool first. I don’t want to burden her with many things. She is after all just a child. She’s my baby. It’s hard for me to let her go into the outside world. She belongs to me…[sigh].. what am I saying..?? And she’s only four. Imagine when she’s seven, or thirteen or twenty-one even. They grow up so fast. One minute she was in my arms and I was cradling her to sleep and the next, she is already a big girl who likes to have many types of shoes and watches Geng Bas Sekolah.
Bie brought her for registration this morning and from the sound of it, she was excited about going to school. In fact, the minute she opened her eyes this morning, she was constantly whining and asking for her Abi to take her to school… [sigh].. and I can’t believe I’m sending her to school. This is a big step for me [one would say that it’s a big step for Marsya, but no. It’s a big step for me]. I mean, you can see from the way that I went on and on about it, that I consider this as quite a big thing for me. It’s very hard to let her stay in a school with complete strangers. Will she be ok, will she make friends, and will other students accept her; all these are playing in my mind. I hope the school will take good care of my daughter. I pray to Allah for her safety.
Over-protective? Who wouldn’t…
Apart from that, my little girl is going to school. Well, not the proper school kind of thing, but a kindergarten or playschool. I wasn’t sure whether that was what I wanted for her. I mean, she’s still my baby. She still sleeps with me with her arms around me and whenever she cries, she will look for me. Therefore, I don’t know whether I should be sending her to school already. Mentally, I’m actually not prepared. I know that Maksu feels that Marsya is ready for school. She likes making new friends and she’s quite bright for her age (we’re being biased because Marsya is after all my daughter and Maksu’s grand-daughter). So, better stimulate that brightness in a right way at an early age.
Tomorrow, she’s going to be four years old. And I know that school would be the perfect place for her. Bie is definitely into the school thing 110 percent. He feels that it would do her good. She would learn how to read, make new friends, and learn many new things.
The school is based on Islamic principles but with an English medium. The teacher is asking me to put Marsya in the tahfiz classes as well, but I think I’d stick to just the playschool first. I don’t want to burden her with many things. She is after all just a child. She’s my baby. It’s hard for me to let her go into the outside world. She belongs to me…[sigh].. what am I saying..?? And she’s only four. Imagine when she’s seven, or thirteen or twenty-one even. They grow up so fast. One minute she was in my arms and I was cradling her to sleep and the next, she is already a big girl who likes to have many types of shoes and watches Geng Bas Sekolah.
Bie brought her for registration this morning and from the sound of it, she was excited about going to school. In fact, the minute she opened her eyes this morning, she was constantly whining and asking for her Abi to take her to school… [sigh].. and I can’t believe I’m sending her to school. This is a big step for me [one would say that it’s a big step for Marsya, but no. It’s a big step for me]. I mean, you can see from the way that I went on and on about it, that I consider this as quite a big thing for me. It’s very hard to let her stay in a school with complete strangers. Will she be ok, will she make friends, and will other students accept her; all these are playing in my mind. I hope the school will take good care of my daughter. I pray to Allah for her safety.
Over-protective? Who wouldn’t…

Anyway, I just want to share with you that I had a blast New Year’s eve. On 31st December 2008, I took leave from work and went out the whole day with the Gurls. It all started with brunch at Carl’s Junior Mid Valley, with Pah and Min. Then we went to The Red Box at The Garden and sang for two hours. After that, we went to see Australia (Hugh Jackman has a REALLY gorgeous body in the movie. With his bearded face and rogue looks, OMG, I think I’m in love… hehehehehe). The movie finished at 6.15pm, then we drove back to Putrajaya to hang out with the other Gurls (Yamm and Makcik) who couldn’t take leave that day, bought pizzas and chicken wings, and had a picnic in front of the Palace of Justice until 12 am. It was a good way to spend New Year’s eve. The kids were at my in-laws. Bie picked me up at 12 am, then we headed to Pah’s house to freshen up. I only reached home at 3.15am. Talk about having fun and talk about a good way to greet the New Year.
It’s always fun hanging out with the Gurls. I love them very much. Of course we missed some of the other Gurls who couldn’t make it that day. Zha is pregnant and was having some pains, so of course her husband wouldn’t allow her to go (even though she lives in Putrajaya), Izan couldn’t leave the kids, Noha had maid issues, Leeya and Murn both are not in KL. But we missed them all the same. Maybe next time.
With that, I welcome 2009. To happiness, love and success. Amin.
It’s always fun hanging out with the Gurls. I love them very much. Of course we missed some of the other Gurls who couldn’t make it that day. Zha is pregnant and was having some pains, so of course her husband wouldn’t allow her to go (even though she lives in Putrajaya), Izan couldn’t leave the kids, Noha had maid issues, Leeya and Murn both are not in KL. But we missed them all the same. Maybe next time.
With that, I welcome 2009. To happiness, love and success. Amin.

4 comments:
sounds like marsya alrite! tak sabar2 nak jumpa kawan! LOL.
happy to hear that marsya's enjoying her days at the school... hope it will last until end of the yr hehehe... kecian raqib ddk sengsorang hehehhe....
awin will hv to wait until next yr to go to school coz this yr dia dah amik kontrak jg baby hehehehe... i need her to report to me the day's event hehehe
glad to hear u gurls had fun... sedey cannot join...
lastly... HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO MARSYA...
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MARSYA!! boleh tak klu rasa cam sebaya ngan Marsya...kekeke
Pah,
Dia memang tak sabar nak jumpa kengkawan. You know her lah kan..
Zha and Zuex, thanks for the wish..
Post a Comment