I noticed that lately, I have been treating my blog as an outlet of frustration; some place to take my mind of things so that after I’ve let it out, I’d become better. You see, I don’t share my inner thoughts with many people. But weird as it seem, I could share it with the entire world.. hehehehe.. Because the entire world, except for perhaps a few, have very little care for my stories. To them, my stories are just like any other story shared by many other bloggers in the internet. So it is kind of comforting, in a sense.
Anyway, I learnt of a very happy news today. A certain close friend of mine, whom I cherish very much [slight pause, for dramatic purposes] is expecting!! Yeeahh… She has been married for almost 2 years and I know that she has been trying diligently to get pregnant. She even had a minor operation earlier this year to get rid of a suspected growth in her uterus area and ‘cleaned’ her tubes in the process. Very painful task, but needed to be done all in the name of trying to get a baby; as well as for health reasons, among others. I remember people asking me, countless times, just because she gained a little weight, whether the reason for her weight gain was because she was pregnant. I always had to defend her because I didn’t like the way the people asked me. Is it a crime if a person got married and was not pregnant yet? It all depends on Allah. Who are we to say anything.
But when I learnt the news during lunch today, I was SO happy. She deserves this little bundle of joy and yes, I can’t wait to see her become a mother. I am very sure that she’ll make the most loving mother a child can ever have. Her expected date is February next year, hopefully the same date as my Hayani. But since it’s only been 4 weeks, she’s experiencing a little bleeding and had to be on bed rest for the entire week. So I hope the best for her and can’t wait to see her grow all big and preggers.
Talking about babies, my Hayani is 4 months and a half now. She is currently my little bundle of joy. I have been exclusively breastfeeding her, which proves to be a difficult task especially if I have to travel (luckily just to Johor, and not an overnight stay) or have back-to-back meetings. And being a ‘healthy’ baby, she likes her milk very much. So her daily consumption is about 18oz to 20oz from 9am to 7pm. So imagine the amount of milk that I need to express. A lot. And depending on work stress, sometimes the milk can easily be about 18oz, but other times, getting to just 14oz can be very challenging. But I have vowed to exclusively breastfeed her until she’s at least 6 months and I guess I have to stick to that vow. But considering that I need to travel to Johor the following week and come back late at night, I can’t be selfish and not allow her any formula. What if my milk stock is not sufficient for the day? She’ll be hungry and I can’t be that cruel. This is something that I still need to comprehend. Meanwhile, I just need to express on weekends as well. It is worth the effort. And I will continue to express until I have no more milk. Well, that’s a bit dramatic. At least until she’s a year old, Insya Allah. At the moment, she’s very like one of those Michellin type of babies. And I love it. We recently shaved her head, so now she looks more like a baby. Previously, with her long hair, she can pass for a 6 month old baby anytime. But I prefer her with her shaved head. It makes her droopy face even bigger than her little head. Her droopy cheeks contribute to that. I just love to bite those cheeks. Bie loves to kiss the cheeks as well. But her face will always end up red with rashes after Bie kisses her. Bie has all these stubbles and baby’s skin is very sensitive. But what can you do. You can’t stop him from kissing his own daughter. Perhaps I’ll share some pictures later.
Anyway, I hope that was cheerful. Till later.

4 comments:
Hi Ija,
It was good to see you last week (at GLC Open Day - out of all places aaa).. Too bad tak sempat borak & lepak lama2...
And look like things are getting better for u... take care!
* Dark of the Mun
(pengaruh Transformers!)
I am still waiting for my good news in that section... pray for me too ya :)
Hi Aboo,
It was good to see you too. Too bad about the ice-cream. I wasnt well on that day. Coughing with the flu and all. But it was really nice to see you. You're so pretty you know. With no make-up and all, and you look exactly like you were 14 years ago. Keep up the youthful look!! :)
Ryzah,
I will pray for you too.. Insya Allah.. AMIN.
Post a Comment