I am very tired this morning. I slept late because my son, Muhammad Raqib wanted to watch Tom & Jerry, a DVD that Ayah bought for him for straight 10 hours. I was really on the verge of a breakdown last night. The fact that I was dead tired didn’t help. Raqib is staying with me this week because I’ll be on leave this Thursday and Friday after the Aidil Adha celebration tomorrow. At least I can take care of him at home. I know he misses to stay with me. Thereafter, I may have to send him back to Seremban, but this time with his sister Marsya. So I don’t think it’s going to be that bad.
Anyway, as soon as I reached home yesterday (luckily I had dinner at my in-laws), I went to straightened the kitchen, sorted out the laundry, packed the kids’ clothes because we’re staying over at our in-laws tonight (I know their house is just about 10 minutes away, but it’s Aidil Adha, and it is their turn this year anyway, so I thought better stay there for the night) which of course involved pressing their clothes, ensuring that their normal clothes and pyjamas are packed, their milk and so forth are also packed. Then I washed more clothes (it’s the only time I could do the laundry) and tried to stay up so that I could hang them outside on the balcony. But Raqib yesterday had other plans. He wanted to watch the Tom & Jerry DVD. I sort of blamed Ayah for it. I know I shouldn’t, but I was tired. And he wouldn’t want to go to sleep. The DVD was non-stop for 10 straight hours. Bie wasn’t well. After he took his medicine, he was in between sleeps (and not really awake for anything) so the kids were with me. I couldn’t really rely on him.
At 12.15am, Marsya realized that she had homework to do. I told her that she could do it over the holidays, but no, she wanted to do it last night. So there I was going through her work. Of course Raqib also wanted to do work. At 1am, I told them to go to sleep. Marsya packed her books and was about to pack Raqib’s books too. Of course Raqib wouldn’t hear of it. He wanted to do his ‘homework’, so they fought on the bed at 1 in the morning. Raqib slapped Marsya’s head with his Ben 10 watch (which is rather bulky). I have to admit, it looked rather painful. So of course Marsya cried her head out. So I slapped Raqib’s hand, then he cried. All these happening at 1 in the morning; and Bie did not even stir.
I coaxed both kids into going to sleep. Marsya listened to me and took her position beside me. But Raqib apparently has not had enough of Tom & Jerry. He wanted to continue and watch. I was mad. It was nearly 2am. I was tired. Really tired. Nothing can explain the fatigue that I was experiencing. So I left him in the bedroom and went to sleep in the guest room. I even texted Ayah before going to sleep, blaming him for my son not wanting to go to sleep (it was terrible of me, and I have apologized to Ayah this morning. Apparently Ayah called me and asked me to bring the DVD back to Seremban, so at least Raqib wouldn’t have the chance of watching Tom & Jerry in KL, and I wouldn’t be facing the same problem every night. Terrible of me, right? I didn’t mean to send the text to him, but I was sort of mad). Right after I texted him, I fell asleep.
I woke up at 6.30am, later than usual and proceeded to my usual morning routine i.e. prepared breakfast for the kids and Bie (I did French toast with jam), packed their foods, bathed Raqib, hung out more laundry, and got ready to go to work. So by the time I was in the car, I was tired again. The sleep the night before didn’t refresh me at all. And the rushing of the usual routine this morning only made it worse.
And now I’m at the office, but I can’t even begin to think on starting work. The Boss has come up to me and asked me for the ROCSA board paper (since I’ll be on leave on Thursday and Friday), but I have not mustered up the determination and mind-set to even start on that yet.. [sigh].. All I could think of was going to sleep. A half an hour nap would be the best medicine at the moment. Tonight, I have to prepare the ingredients to make Ayam Masak Merah and Nasi Tomato. Mak wants that to be served for the Aidil Adha tomorrow. It’s going to be a long day… [sigh]..

No comments:
Post a Comment