Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dessert Bar

One of my very close friends is experiencing some problems. She works at KLCC and asked us to meet her there. She just wanted to get some things off her chest. Unfortunately, not all of the Gurls could make it. So there were only me and Pah. Pah came all the way from Putrajaya. She fetched me at the office and we made our way to KLCC. The roads were terribly jammed. So we reached KLCC just after Maghrib. We went for our prayers and later met MF at the Dessert Bar, located on the 2nd floor at KLCC. I thought they only served dessert but I was wrong. They also serve sandwiches. So I had a chicken wrap (very nice.. the wrap itself was nice. It was all cheesy and soft. The salad dressing was also nice. I wonder what sauce they used), whilst Pah had a Belgian chocolate dip (fantastic..!! The warm chocolate was just soooo nice.. and we dipped some cut fruits into the soft chocolate and later dipped the chocolate soaked fruits with nuts… SEDAP..), a chocolate cheese brownie, and MF had a chocolate cake (I think that’s what it was. Couldn’t make out the taste). So yeah, apart from the great company, the food was also good. Well, when it comes to the Gurls, the food is always good.

Anyway, while eating our foods, we talked. MF has been having quite a major problem since the last six months. And lately, it has been affecting her work performance. In fact, she is to meet her boss today just to discuss why she has been ‘going off’ lately. She couldn’t focus while at work and her reception of certain information is very slow. Some (nasty) people at the office are calling her ‘ting-tong’ i.e. on the verge of loosing it, if you know what I mean. I pity her. She is a good lady. Pretty and bright, but now with the problems that she’s facing, I am so afraid that she might loose it all. No one deserves this of course, but only Allah knows best. Who are we to say that she does not deserve the misfortune that is befalling her at the moment? Everyone at certain stage of their lives experiences challenges and misdeeds. These are all Allah’s way of testing us to see whether we remember Him or not. After all everything comes from Him.

But MF looked very affected with the whole ordeal. Not only does she suffer physically, but mentally she is also affected. The sad thing is that I don’t know what I can do to help. All I could do was give her emotional support. Be there and listened to her grief. And give an opinion or two when she wants them. It’s all so heart-wrenching. I really want her to get well. But only Allah decides when one gets well. One can only continue to try different methods and medicine in order to get well but by the end of the day, Allah decides.

So yeah, she will probably sought help all the way from Kelantan soon. I pray that she gets well. I really do. She is my friend and I really want to see her get well. I hate what this thing is doing to her. She seems distraught and edgy. Not really the MF I used to know. I wasn’t sitting across her, but Pah did. And she said, just by looking at her face, one would know that she has problems. MF, I really hope you get well soon. I hate that you’re starting to have doubts. You’ve always been a much focused lady who knows what she wants and go ahead and do it. That was you. I hope whatever it is that is troubling you at the moment will be solved for good. Remember, if you need us to accompany you, let us know.

And Pah.. dearest Pah… I love you, girl. You know what you did. I was really touched. First there was the head-dress thingy which you left for me in the room. Then in the car, on the way to work… well, you know what you did. I was truly touched. I had tears brimming in my eyes but I stopped them from falling. There were just no words to express how I felt this morning. And I am at the moment highly sensitive of EVERYTHING. Your act of kindness will be repaid my dearest friend. If not now, I hope I’ll be given the chance to repay your kindness later in life. Suffice to know that you can count on me for anything. If it is within my power and ability, I will try to assist you in any way I can. Insya Allah…

I also met someone at the KLCC yesterday. We bumped into each other at the tunnel heading towards the convention centre. At first I didn’t realize that it was him. I was on my way to KLCC, while he was on his way to his office at Exxon Mobil. As he got closer, then I realized that it was him. Man.. he looked good. He has been working out and has lost quite a weight since I last saw him in late May this year. Well, not a LOT of weight; he still has some some meat on him, but he looked good. I liked looking at him like that. I obviously have gone a little fat now that I’m healthy and can eat well. But he on the other hand just looked good. For a father of two girls and two boys, he sure doesn’t look like he’s got four kids. Kudos to you, Babe. Looking great.

Me and him, we just go a long way back. I started to know him during the days that I was waiting for my SPM results to come out. I was introduced to him at a friend’s house during the Eid open house back in 1993 I think. I seriously didn’t expect our friendship to be this lasting. But yeah, it has. And the best part of it is that, it has been growing stronger. My parents know him, his mother (Al-Fatihah, bless her soul and may she rest in peace.. she just passed away after Eid this year) also knew me. Before I got married, I used to hang out with him a lot. I mean, literally a lot. If we were in KL, it would always be at the Uptown Damansara, and then he would send me back to Wangsa Maju as I was renting there. Otherwise, Taipan Subang. If we were in Seremban, it would always be at Bashir or Seremban 2. All we did was just talk. Chit-chat and hang out. Sometimes in the wee hours of the morning. Before he got married, we took a drive to PD late at night, but because it was boring, we headed back to Seremban, to Bashir. I got back at nearly 3 or 4 in the morning. Luckily Ibu was cool about it. Ayah doesn’t know though. If he does, he would flip. He didn’t really like me going out with my guy friends a lot. At that time, I was already befriending Bie. But, we were friends. It was harmless. Besides, Bie accepts our friendship. Even till this day, if I wanted to see him, Bie would give his consent. He doesn’t get uptight and jealous about it. Thank goodness for that. Yeah.. those were the days. And now I’m having my 3rd child, whereas he already has four.

I guess that’s life. Anyway, MF… please get well soon… *hugs*

No comments: