I have just finished reading this beautiful book (it took me quite a number of weeks to finish it, after all, I could only read them while I was in the LRT heading for work. Reading at home is a bit difficult especially if you have two young kids who constantly interfere with your concentration). And I felt really sad, or was it happiness. I don’t know. But they’re mixed feelings. I don’t really know how to describe the feelings. But all I know is that, I do have tears brimming at the corner of my eyes.
I have never made a point to read about Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Yes I know about him, but through articles, the very limited reading materials that I have, and in stories that people tell, and of course during school. I have never read a full blown story about him from the day that he was born until he passed away on the 12th Rabi’ Al-Awwal, 11 AH. I have never really understood all the wars that he went through to protect Islam, and how deep the love of his Companions were towards him. The things that the pagans Quraysh did to him and his followers were just too much. They stoned him, refuse to trade with the Moslems in order to drive them to hunger (many died out of hunger during this period), place large rocks on top of some of the Moslems, tried to assassinate the Prophet (SAW), and continued to taunt him endlessly, Yes I had to learn these stories during school, but I never really understood it. I only learnt in school as it was part of what we have to learn in school.
Everytime Moslems throughout the world celebrate Maulidur Rasul, I am happy as well. After all, it’s a public holiday and I love public holidays. Now, it is with shame, I have to admit that I have never really understood the celebration to rejoice the birth of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Without him, goodness knows what would have happened to us. He taught us a lot of thing. He brought us Islam. It’s a shame that we did not live in the same period that he lived in. I would have loved to see him. Be near him, or just stand wherever he had stood. The things he did for us were just indescribable.
He was human, just like the rest of us. He ate, he drank, he loved his wives and children, and he was always surrounded by his close friends, whom we came to call his Companions. His father died before he was born, and his mother died when he was six years old. When he was eight years old, his grandfather died, leaving him under the care of his uncle. Notice how those who were close to him died even before him. All his children except for Fatimah died before him (she died 6 months after his death). I never really cared much about his life, well, not as much as I care about it now. After reading When The Moon Split, my perception has changed. I see it now in a different perspective, and like I said earlier, I regret for not celebrating Maulidur Rasul in a way that a true Moslem does. How shallow was I?
So yes, I love the book. And I love the description and the stories the biography detailed out. Let’s pray to Allah to bless the Prophet (SAW), his family, his Companions, and may Allah grant us a place under the Prophet’s standard on the Day of Judgement. Ameen.
I have never made a point to read about Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Yes I know about him, but through articles, the very limited reading materials that I have, and in stories that people tell, and of course during school. I have never read a full blown story about him from the day that he was born until he passed away on the 12th Rabi’ Al-Awwal, 11 AH. I have never really understood all the wars that he went through to protect Islam, and how deep the love of his Companions were towards him. The things that the pagans Quraysh did to him and his followers were just too much. They stoned him, refuse to trade with the Moslems in order to drive them to hunger (many died out of hunger during this period), place large rocks on top of some of the Moslems, tried to assassinate the Prophet (SAW), and continued to taunt him endlessly, Yes I had to learn these stories during school, but I never really understood it. I only learnt in school as it was part of what we have to learn in school.
Everytime Moslems throughout the world celebrate Maulidur Rasul, I am happy as well. After all, it’s a public holiday and I love public holidays. Now, it is with shame, I have to admit that I have never really understood the celebration to rejoice the birth of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Without him, goodness knows what would have happened to us. He taught us a lot of thing. He brought us Islam. It’s a shame that we did not live in the same period that he lived in. I would have loved to see him. Be near him, or just stand wherever he had stood. The things he did for us were just indescribable.
He was human, just like the rest of us. He ate, he drank, he loved his wives and children, and he was always surrounded by his close friends, whom we came to call his Companions. His father died before he was born, and his mother died when he was six years old. When he was eight years old, his grandfather died, leaving him under the care of his uncle. Notice how those who were close to him died even before him. All his children except for Fatimah died before him (she died 6 months after his death). I never really cared much about his life, well, not as much as I care about it now. After reading When The Moon Split, my perception has changed. I see it now in a different perspective, and like I said earlier, I regret for not celebrating Maulidur Rasul in a way that a true Moslem does. How shallow was I?
So yes, I love the book. And I love the description and the stories the biography detailed out. Let’s pray to Allah to bless the Prophet (SAW), his family, his Companions, and may Allah grant us a place under the Prophet’s standard on the Day of Judgement. Ameen.

1 comment:
if you say its a good book, i must be very good =) will find it soon.
may Allah bless Rasullullah saw and us and place us in jannah ameen.
Post a Comment