I have always been a Friends fanatic. I remember most of the lines (well, the famous ones) and I most certainly remember some of the lines in Season 2, Episode 7: The One Where Ross Finds Out. In fact, it is one of my favourite episodes. It was where Rachel was drunk, but she had a date with Mike, and called Ross to tell him that she was over him. Then she threw the phone inside that wine cold-bucket-thingy. The next day, with a hang-over, she didn’t remember she made the call, until Ross wanted to listen to his messages and was surprised that there was a message from Rachel for him. Rachel, from her room, rushed to him to stop him from listening, but was too late. Ross had heard the message. Shocked and a little surprised, he said, “You are over me. But when were you under me?”. Gosh.. I just love that episode. It was so nice.
And later, he caught her at Central Perk, told her off and said that, “This ship has sailed”. But later he came back, watched her through the glass door who happened to be crying, and eagerly waited for Rachel to open the door. He went in, grabbed her and kissed her. It was sooooo good. I love that scene. I can watch it over and over and over again.
Ok, you must be wondering why I am writing this. Well two days ago, I just saw that particular episode on Star World (I am never tired watching Frinds re-runs) and it brought back nice memories. I remembered watching it first when I was in the UK. I remembered that the some of the Gurls (you know who you are.. don’t deny and be embarrassed about it) and I would watch video tapes of Friends non-stop (some of us bought the tapes) and whenever we were at that episode, we would be watching it with excitement. We were so into romance back then. Being young, childish and wanting to experience love, of course we loved the scene. And we loved watching it over and over again. It was funny. It was nice.
Of course I have the complete episodes of Friends, but the one where Ross finds out was burnt (Bie’s niece borrowed the tapes, and when her house burnt down, the tapes burnt with it. Too bad, I know..!!. But no worries, we’re getting the first four seasons. It’s not difficult to buy them now. Besides, everything’s in DVDs now. The ones that burnt down were on video tapes - during my UK student days).
Anyway, I though I’d share it with you. I love Friends and will always love Friends. If any of you are interested to have a marathon of Friends, let me know. I guess I can arrange something.
May we all have a circle of good Friends to watch over us.
And later, he caught her at Central Perk, told her off and said that, “This ship has sailed”. But later he came back, watched her through the glass door who happened to be crying, and eagerly waited for Rachel to open the door. He went in, grabbed her and kissed her. It was sooooo good. I love that scene. I can watch it over and over and over again.
Ok, you must be wondering why I am writing this. Well two days ago, I just saw that particular episode on Star World (I am never tired watching Frinds re-runs) and it brought back nice memories. I remembered watching it first when I was in the UK. I remembered that the some of the Gurls (you know who you are.. don’t deny and be embarrassed about it) and I would watch video tapes of Friends non-stop (some of us bought the tapes) and whenever we were at that episode, we would be watching it with excitement. We were so into romance back then. Being young, childish and wanting to experience love, of course we loved the scene. And we loved watching it over and over again. It was funny. It was nice.
Of course I have the complete episodes of Friends, but the one where Ross finds out was burnt (Bie’s niece borrowed the tapes, and when her house burnt down, the tapes burnt with it. Too bad, I know..!!. But no worries, we’re getting the first four seasons. It’s not difficult to buy them now. Besides, everything’s in DVDs now. The ones that burnt down were on video tapes - during my UK student days).
Anyway, I though I’d share it with you. I love Friends and will always love Friends. If any of you are interested to have a marathon of Friends, let me know. I guess I can arrange something.
May we all have a circle of good Friends to watch over us.

8 comments:
Yeah i never got tired of watching them too. Even for the umpteenth time... Though i takde la over2 sgt mcm u on those romance part but yeah, we tend to relate some of it with our life too. Sometimes its too good to be true and they ended up having partners except for Joey who made a less successful spinoff: Ross-Rachel, Chandler-Monica, Phoebe-Mike
That, and Sex n the city, frasier, some Will and Grace episodes, Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives, Everybody Loves Raymond, The Simpsons, House, ER, The Nanny (reruns on hallmark channel), and some few others and yupp, i dont mind joining u for the Friends marathon too. The scriptwriters are so good and the actors made it a lot more colourful.
hahahaha....
I watched the reruns tooo... mon-fri 8pm.... hehehe mommy's moment...
best kan... i do remember when we were in UK we used to tape it on the video player and watched over and over again hehhehe....
kenangan silam mengimbau kembali hehehehe...
well cant wait to see u next wk darling... muahhhssss...
zha
Hehe.. I'm in the midst of collecting the DVDs, currently at Season 5. Watched until end of Season 3 (that Bonnie girl shaved her head LOLs..)
But I too love the episode you're talking about here.. Kiut je masa part Rachel jumped on Ross to take the phone away from him. Heheh..
Hi Manal,
I just love that episode. It's so sweet. I'm ok with all that other series you're talking about, but Friends.. well, it will always remain as my favourite among all. The favouritest.. if there is such word.. hehehehe..
Zha,
When I talked about watching it over and over and over again.. kat rumah kau lah..!! Kat mana lagi. Hehehehe.. it was fun wasn't it. And the best part was that, we NEVER grow tired of it. If only the video player can speak, I think it would have told us to stop.. hehehehehe..
Yamm,
You're collecting them, and you're at season 5? Good for you..!! I remember VERY well that episode which Bonnie shaved her head. Jahat sangat Rachel masa tu. And now that you mentioned it, I also remember the part where Monica got stung by a jelly-fish, and Chandler and Joey sort a helped her ease the pain :)
Yep, I'm a big fan of Friends too... always glued to the screen when the re-runs are on. I particularly like The One Where We Were On A Break (can't remember the exact title) among others of course.
Hi Pisces Man,
Somehow, I don't like the one where they were on a break, or the beginning of when they were on a break, or the events which lead to them going on a break. It's somehow heart-wrenching, and I don't really like it. Oh well, I guess I'm a romantic and love the lovey-dovey parts.. :)
Post a Comment