A very close friend of mine is getting married this Friday. I have known her for almost ten years now and the best thing is that, I am still friends with her. And very close too.
I first laid eyes on her while I was in Newcastle. I can’t remember the first time I met her, but I think it was the MASSOC meeting to elect new committee members. She admitted that she didn’t like me when she first saw me (yes, she is very frank and I love her for that), but after she got to know me, and the rest of the Dilston girls, she couldn’t get enough of me. She would always come over to stay at my house (in my room and sleeping on MY bed, while I slept on the floor – talk about friendship). And when she herself moved to Dilston Road, I always came over to her house to hang out. We would sleep on her big bed, talked before going to sleep on things that had happened and things which may took place in the future.
There are just so many things about her that I will always remember and cherish.
The first time she told me she had a crush on somebody. I even had a role in this little story of hers. It was really, really funny. The merajuk, the running away from the house bit (my dearest Bie had to run after her, but she kept on walking and walking, even crossing the road without looking either side.. it’s funny when I think about it).
The time when she went on a diet. I can never forget her ‘cekodok rebus’. I can’t imagine how she could eat that thing. She didn’t want to eat fried ones coz the oil was just too much. So she boiled it instead and ate that. Don’t ask me how she did it, but she did. We could only stare at her in disbelief. She only had tuna sandwiches and cereals whenever she felt hungry. Her strong resistance towards food was unbelievable. She would membebel whenever I cook (I always cook if I was at her place. I don’t know why. I was hungry and there was nothing to eat. So I cooked) because she would want to eat also. But if I don’t cook, she would be coaxing me into cooking for her. Talk about conflict.
The time when she had issues and asked for my help.. there were several. I didn’t mind. In fact, I tried to help in any way I could. It just made us closer.
Her boyfriend issues. One particular boyfriend will always be remembered. Not just by me alone, but also the rest of the Gurls. I will always remember that night. I don’t know why, but I just couldn’t get the image out of my head. I remembered talking to him. He was in the driver’s seat, whereas I was outside. Min was sitting next to him in the car, telling him to cool off and just drive off. I guess I also had a ‘big’ mouth back then (or do I still have it? Heheheheee) which ignited his anger. I couldn’t help it. There was also this ‘tambi’ boyfriend of hers whom I will never forget in my whole entire life. What he did to her was very wrong, and I will always despise him for that. I don’t naturally wish bad things for people, but for him, I sort of am prepared to make an exception. But all these things only made Min stronger. And I respect her for that.
I also remember the first time I saw her wearing a tudung. We were supposed to break fast at Kelantan Delights in KLCC. The minute I saw her on the escalator, I screamed my head off. I’m like that. My immediate reaction when I see something new, or something that excites me is priceless. So they say. Hehehehe..
Her antics are funny. The best part is that, she is oblivious of it and would not know that we were actually laughing at her until we had to tell her. Talk about being clueless. But that is Min. But never talk to her if she’s hungry or not having enough of sleep. She will bite your head there and then. Free2 jer kena. Hehehehe.. But it will only be for a while. She doesn’t keep grudges.
There are just so many memories of her. Good times, the not-so-good times. I love her to the max. She is like a sister I never had. In fact, the Gurls are all like the sisters I never have.
Congratulations, Min. Have a wonderful wedding, and a happy marriage. May you be blessed with many children and live happily ever after with your husband to be..
I first laid eyes on her while I was in Newcastle. I can’t remember the first time I met her, but I think it was the MASSOC meeting to elect new committee members. She admitted that she didn’t like me when she first saw me (yes, she is very frank and I love her for that), but after she got to know me, and the rest of the Dilston girls, she couldn’t get enough of me. She would always come over to stay at my house (in my room and sleeping on MY bed, while I slept on the floor – talk about friendship). And when she herself moved to Dilston Road, I always came over to her house to hang out. We would sleep on her big bed, talked before going to sleep on things that had happened and things which may took place in the future.
There are just so many things about her that I will always remember and cherish.
The first time she told me she had a crush on somebody. I even had a role in this little story of hers. It was really, really funny. The merajuk, the running away from the house bit (my dearest Bie had to run after her, but she kept on walking and walking, even crossing the road without looking either side.. it’s funny when I think about it).
The time when she went on a diet. I can never forget her ‘cekodok rebus’. I can’t imagine how she could eat that thing. She didn’t want to eat fried ones coz the oil was just too much. So she boiled it instead and ate that. Don’t ask me how she did it, but she did. We could only stare at her in disbelief. She only had tuna sandwiches and cereals whenever she felt hungry. Her strong resistance towards food was unbelievable. She would membebel whenever I cook (I always cook if I was at her place. I don’t know why. I was hungry and there was nothing to eat. So I cooked) because she would want to eat also. But if I don’t cook, she would be coaxing me into cooking for her. Talk about conflict.
The time when she had issues and asked for my help.. there were several. I didn’t mind. In fact, I tried to help in any way I could. It just made us closer.
Her boyfriend issues. One particular boyfriend will always be remembered. Not just by me alone, but also the rest of the Gurls. I will always remember that night. I don’t know why, but I just couldn’t get the image out of my head. I remembered talking to him. He was in the driver’s seat, whereas I was outside. Min was sitting next to him in the car, telling him to cool off and just drive off. I guess I also had a ‘big’ mouth back then (or do I still have it? Heheheheee) which ignited his anger. I couldn’t help it. There was also this ‘tambi’ boyfriend of hers whom I will never forget in my whole entire life. What he did to her was very wrong, and I will always despise him for that. I don’t naturally wish bad things for people, but for him, I sort of am prepared to make an exception. But all these things only made Min stronger. And I respect her for that.
I also remember the first time I saw her wearing a tudung. We were supposed to break fast at Kelantan Delights in KLCC. The minute I saw her on the escalator, I screamed my head off. I’m like that. My immediate reaction when I see something new, or something that excites me is priceless. So they say. Hehehehe..
Her antics are funny. The best part is that, she is oblivious of it and would not know that we were actually laughing at her until we had to tell her. Talk about being clueless. But that is Min. But never talk to her if she’s hungry or not having enough of sleep. She will bite your head there and then. Free2 jer kena. Hehehehe.. But it will only be for a while. She doesn’t keep grudges.
There are just so many memories of her. Good times, the not-so-good times. I love her to the max. She is like a sister I never had. In fact, the Gurls are all like the sisters I never have.
Congratulations, Min. Have a wonderful wedding, and a happy marriage. May you be blessed with many children and live happily ever after with your husband to be..

2 comments:
i'm so touched by your words. terharu sgt. what more can i say. i love u to the max too.
Love you.. Just take care, ok. And be a good wife, a good mother.. and always be a good daughter..
Post a Comment