I have been tagged to talk about my weird antics and behavior. And the best part is that, I’ve not only been tagged by one person, but two persons now. To Yamm who has tagged me on this for quite a while now (sorry dear… been extra busy to think about my own eccentric manners) and now Ryzah. So, this doesn’t leave me much choice, BUT to list down all six weird stuff about myself, and let’s just hope that I won’t embarrass myself in the process.
Weird No. 1 – I hate matches especially burnt matchsticks
I know it sounds silly, but I do. I dislike matches. I don’t know why. I just find them filthy and errr… dirty. Especially the used ones. I find the black burnt bit at the end of the matchstick especially gross. So I don’t have matches at home. I use lighters if I ever need to light anything with fire. My dearest Bie knows this of course. When he first learnt about it, he was really shocked. But now, he taunts me with it. There was one time, he asked Marsya to poke me with a matchstick. I hated that. I took the matchstick from Marsya’s hand and washed her hands thoroughly. Weird, eh?
Weird No. 1 – I hate matches especially burnt matchsticks
I know it sounds silly, but I do. I dislike matches. I don’t know why. I just find them filthy and errr… dirty. Especially the used ones. I find the black burnt bit at the end of the matchstick especially gross. So I don’t have matches at home. I use lighters if I ever need to light anything with fire. My dearest Bie knows this of course. When he first learnt about it, he was really shocked. But now, he taunts me with it. There was one time, he asked Marsya to poke me with a matchstick. I hated that. I took the matchstick from Marsya’s hand and washed her hands thoroughly. Weird, eh?
Weird No. 2 – I don’t like cigarette ashes
I have nothing against those people who smoke, but I can’t stand those people who would just shake the cigarette ashes everywhere and throw away the burnt ones wherever they please. I mean, please place all your ashes at one designated place. It’s a lot cleaner that way. And frankly, even when a smoker places his or her cigarette ashes at one place, ashtrays or after dinner/lunch plates, I can’t bear to look at the ashtrays or the plates. I find it gross and I would quickly place them out of sight. Thank goodness my dearest Bie doesn’t smoke. Well, he stopped years ago. As for my other friends who do still smoke, well, you know what message I have for you. But, weird again, eh?
Weird No. 3 – I am very particular about smell (food or smoke) in my hair and on my clothes
I love food. I mean, who doesn’t right? But I hate it very much if the smell gets onto my hair or clothes, especially if I have just washed my hair and it smells like fruits. So, I am quite picky about the places I eat at. If a certain shop has this strong cooking smell, I would braid my hair in a plait (or French plaits) so that the smell doesn’t stick to my hair (just for the purpose of eating out. I would actually unbraid it after eating). After that, I would immediately spray myself with a lot of perfume. That’s why I have an extra perfume in my office drawer. Very handy indeed. Same goes to smoke. I’ve had an incidence where after visiting a club, the smoky smell in my hair lasted for three whole days..!! Even after washing it every day.
Weird No. 4 – RM100 for eating at Chilies is alright, but RM100 for a baju is… EXPENSIVE nyer…!!
My dearest Bie and I share the same passion for eating. And we love trying out new eating joints and restaurants, whatever the cost maybe. I’m not much of a shopper. I don’t buy clothes (only when I need to) and when there’s a sale, I rarely buy things for myself. But, I love to eat out. And even when it’s right in the middle of the month and we’re basically broke, but because I feel like eating at a certain place, we would just go. And of course, I would use my credit card. In fact, I only use my credit card when I eat out. I don’t shop with it (only on those very, very rare occasions).
Weird No. 5 – Geli at kain buruk and sticky floor
When I was smaller, I used to find kain buruk very filthy and icky even if it’s clean, and if Ibu asked me to fetch the kain buruk, I would hold it at the tip, give it to her, and quickly wash my hands. Same with sticky floor. If I encounter a sticky floor, and I’m barefooted, I would be walking on it like I’m walking on ice. Very carefully, making sure that only the necessary part of my feet’s surface touch the floor. My daughter now follows me. She’s a penggeli so to speak. But I am much better now. I don’t find kain buruk very icky (unless if it’s not mine) and yeah, I can tolerate sticky floor. Just wash your feet afterwards.
Weird No. 6 – I can drop off to sleep in a matter of seconds
Bie always says that one minute I’m all chirpy and eager to engage in a conversation and the next thing he knows, while still talking to me, I would be fast asleep. And that never fails to astound him. Of course I always deny, but come to think of it, yeah… I tend to do that a lot. Especially in the car, we would be playing the ABC games (to avoid him from falling asleep) and while thinking, suddenly I’m asleep. Oh well.
Frankly, I don’t know who else to tag. But just for the fun of it right, I think I’m going to nominate the following persons to share with us their weird behaviours. If you don’t have a blog, no worries, list them here, in the comment box. Now let me see. Who shall it be?
Pah – I think she still owes Yamm as well
The Pisces Man – Or errr, have you done it already?
Murn – I don’t know if you’ve been visiting my blog, but it’d be really nice to see you respond to this
Zha – Masa free tu ke, indulge yourself into thinking your weird behaviours
Marha – Welcome to the blog, dear
I-Lyn – welcome dear (or, err… have you done it already too?)
I have nothing against those people who smoke, but I can’t stand those people who would just shake the cigarette ashes everywhere and throw away the burnt ones wherever they please. I mean, please place all your ashes at one designated place. It’s a lot cleaner that way. And frankly, even when a smoker places his or her cigarette ashes at one place, ashtrays or after dinner/lunch plates, I can’t bear to look at the ashtrays or the plates. I find it gross and I would quickly place them out of sight. Thank goodness my dearest Bie doesn’t smoke. Well, he stopped years ago. As for my other friends who do still smoke, well, you know what message I have for you. But, weird again, eh?
Weird No. 3 – I am very particular about smell (food or smoke) in my hair and on my clothes
I love food. I mean, who doesn’t right? But I hate it very much if the smell gets onto my hair or clothes, especially if I have just washed my hair and it smells like fruits. So, I am quite picky about the places I eat at. If a certain shop has this strong cooking smell, I would braid my hair in a plait (or French plaits) so that the smell doesn’t stick to my hair (just for the purpose of eating out. I would actually unbraid it after eating). After that, I would immediately spray myself with a lot of perfume. That’s why I have an extra perfume in my office drawer. Very handy indeed. Same goes to smoke. I’ve had an incidence where after visiting a club, the smoky smell in my hair lasted for three whole days..!! Even after washing it every day.
Weird No. 4 – RM100 for eating at Chilies is alright, but RM100 for a baju is… EXPENSIVE nyer…!!
My dearest Bie and I share the same passion for eating. And we love trying out new eating joints and restaurants, whatever the cost maybe. I’m not much of a shopper. I don’t buy clothes (only when I need to) and when there’s a sale, I rarely buy things for myself. But, I love to eat out. And even when it’s right in the middle of the month and we’re basically broke, but because I feel like eating at a certain place, we would just go. And of course, I would use my credit card. In fact, I only use my credit card when I eat out. I don’t shop with it (only on those very, very rare occasions).
Weird No. 5 – Geli at kain buruk and sticky floor
When I was smaller, I used to find kain buruk very filthy and icky even if it’s clean, and if Ibu asked me to fetch the kain buruk, I would hold it at the tip, give it to her, and quickly wash my hands. Same with sticky floor. If I encounter a sticky floor, and I’m barefooted, I would be walking on it like I’m walking on ice. Very carefully, making sure that only the necessary part of my feet’s surface touch the floor. My daughter now follows me. She’s a penggeli so to speak. But I am much better now. I don’t find kain buruk very icky (unless if it’s not mine) and yeah, I can tolerate sticky floor. Just wash your feet afterwards.
Weird No. 6 – I can drop off to sleep in a matter of seconds
Bie always says that one minute I’m all chirpy and eager to engage in a conversation and the next thing he knows, while still talking to me, I would be fast asleep. And that never fails to astound him. Of course I always deny, but come to think of it, yeah… I tend to do that a lot. Especially in the car, we would be playing the ABC games (to avoid him from falling asleep) and while thinking, suddenly I’m asleep. Oh well.
Frankly, I don’t know who else to tag. But just for the fun of it right, I think I’m going to nominate the following persons to share with us their weird behaviours. If you don’t have a blog, no worries, list them here, in the comment box. Now let me see. Who shall it be?
Pah – I think she still owes Yamm as well
The Pisces Man – Or errr, have you done it already?
Murn – I don’t know if you’ve been visiting my blog, but it’d be really nice to see you respond to this
Zha – Masa free tu ke, indulge yourself into thinking your weird behaviours
Marha – Welcome to the blog, dear
I-Lyn – welcome dear (or, err… have you done it already too?)

6 comments:
I've been tagged to do it too, and u r the second person, and nope, I haven't done it...
You can easily drop off to sleep huh. Hehe, we share the same boat!
Since you've been tagged twice.. start working on it lah..!! hehehe..
But yeah, I can doze just like that... without any sign or anything. Wierd, huh..??
Hi Ija, I have written that 'weird' entry already... hehe
assalammualaikum ija ...
hehehe ... like 'the pisces man'm this is my 2nd tag ...
hmmm ... i pun can't think of anything that's weird about me ...
nanti la ... bila cukup 6 i reply eh ...
take care ok!
wassalam ...
Ija,
Burnt matchsticks? Same here!! Geli-geleman kan? I wished people just stick to lighters!
Pisces Man,
Been busy lah. Will check out your wierd antics later today.
Murni,
No worries.. whenever you're ready :)
Ryzah,
I know..!! I dont understand why people still use matches when there are other alternatives.
Post a Comment