Friday, December 29, 2006

Happy 4th Anniversary Bie..!!

Our anniversary was actually on the 27th of December but because of the internet disruption which happened on that day, I couldn’t upload this particular update. But no worries, I’m doing it now.

I can’t believe that I have been married to my dearest Bie for four years now. It seems like we’ve only been married, I don’t know… for about two years, or probably less than that? Hmm… I don’t know. But as I am now carrying our second child, and Marsya is nearly approaching two, four years is more realistic compared to two years.

Let’s see, what have we done during our four years of marriage? Well, the most prominent one is that we’re going to have an additional family member soon, Insya-Allah. On top of that, we already have a wonderful daughter who is currently very mischievous and wouldn’t take no for an answer, to anything that she wants. I hope she wouldn’t grow up to be a spoilt brat. I’d hate for that to happen. Anyway, we have already bought a place. Although it’s not a lavish bungalow or a spacious villa, but the fourth floor of a low dense condo somewhere in Ulu Kelang is just as comfortable.

I still drive my metallic 1.3 Proton Wira. I bought the car five years ago and till this day, Alhamdulillah, it is still very much reliable, albeit the dent and rust here and there. Talks to replace Suzie (as I named the car) are always ignored (by me, especially). Bie still drives his kembara.

We haven’t had any major fight, except for those days when we still stayed at his parents. Those fights were really quite harmless. I was the emotional one because at that time I was pregnant with Marsya. But that didn’t stop me from spending a night at a friend’s house, just so that I can regain my composure as I felt like a heart-pouring session with a dear friend. Bie was the one who sent me to Cyberjaya that night. Arguments here and there along our four years’ journey together were inevitable. That’s after all parts and parcel of being in a marriage. But I am thankful that he is a very patient man. My mouth can be very terrible sometimes; things that come out from it are just sometimes things that people do not like to hear. And Bie has been very patient about that. He helps around the house like sweeping or mopping the floor and bathing Marsya or cleaning her poo-poo when necessary.

I have been very tolerant of him seeing his friends till late at night (so far). The green monster has not yet caught up with me, to whisper gossips and put colourful ideas in my head. So far that is. Let’s hope that this’ll remain for as long as I can endure. I hate to be jealous of him unnecessarily. I don’t think it’s healthy for our relationship. But I also hope that he will not take my open-mindedness for a ride. So, please pray that if in the event fate decides that something hanky-panky does happen, I’ll be the first to know. BUT, I hope that we’ll stay true to our marriage vows and that nothing funny will happen and that we’ll be happy forever (Insya-Allah…).

We both still love to ‘kacau’ each other and ended up laughing in the end. He would make faces at me, and I would jump out at him behind closed doors or closed curtains. The shocking look that I got from him is priceless. He also did this to me once, but instead of laughing hard he had to console me instead because I was really traumatized by the incident. I smiled just thinking about it.

Funny isn’t it. Four years seemed like an eternity for some people, but to us, Alhamdulillah, it doesn’t feel that long.

I met Bie during my university days, at a society’s meeting to be exact during the selection of candidates to replace the old committee. I didn’t really like him when I first saw him. He had long hair. Seemed cool enough and looked like a rebel. He liked music (still does) and his preference was the rock genre or what he fondly calls, the ‘seattle-sound music’. I thought he was really a rocker then, but when I went to his place with all my other friends for one of our society’s meetings, I found out that he liked Mariah Carey as well. “Huh, some rocker”.

Though I sort of disliked him, he seemed to always be around. At the movies, during traveling around the UK (my housemates liked hanging out with him because he could drive). So when we traveled to Scotland, he was our designated tour cum driver (because he had been staying in the UK for three years before we came). And when we had our Malaysian Night, he was somehow part of the production as one of the actors and as I myself was very fond of theatres and acting, I was also part of the Raja Bersiong production. From thereon, we would always go back together; he would send me home first because practice session finished after dark. So we would walk along Richardson Road, past the playing field towards Dilston Road where I stayed. And I never had a clue that he actually liked me. He never showed me the signs. I thought he was just being nice.

He was everywhere. Well, not exactly everywhere, but wherever I was, he was always there with me. On Valentine’s Day in 1998, I had a movie date with a friend. He was supposed to go home but my date invited him to the movie as well because all his other friends were also joining us. He accepted the invitation and after the movie date, he insisted on sending me home. My date wanted to send me home, but I told him that my house and his was completely the opposite direction and since my house and Bie’s was after all, one way, it would be more logical for Bie to send me home. My date agreed and promised to call me, first thing in the morning.

A few days after that, when I met Bie, he was very agitated. I sensed that he was nervous but I didn’t know what it was about. He kept on asking me whether I have gone to the Trinity Building (where we could check our emails) and I felt weird as to why he was asking me such question. But I ignored him. And that day, whenever I tried walking with my Valentine’s date to visit the hall where we were supposed to hold our dinner in conjunction with the Malaysian Night, Bie always managed to walk beside me, leaving my date trailing behind or walking with some other friends.

The next day, I think, I went to check my emails and was very surprised to find an email from a secret admirer saying that he liked me. Apparently the first email was sent much earlier and the one that I was reading was a subsequent to the first email. I thought it was my date. But my friends insisted that the email was from Bie. They knew this by his IP property or something, which I was so not familiar with. I refused to believe them because he had never shown interest in me before. The next day, I received another email saying that he (clearly putting his name down now) wanted to see me after school as he had something important to say.

I was a nervous wreck. I told my housemates about it and they laughed at me and were very surprised themselves because none of them saw it coming. And that day, 17th February 1998, he confessed that he liked me. His face was all blushing when he told me. He in fact covered his mouth as he was saying, “I suka kat you”. And I didn’t know why, but I agreed when he asked me to go steady. I mean, I thought I didn’t like him. That was something I had never done in the past before. I had guys wanting me to be their steadies, but I don’t know… somehow it wasn’t appealing enough.

And the rest was just history. And yes, everyone was surprised that I was going steady with Bie. And as for my Valentine’s date, he was very upset. He didn’t talk to Bie for several months after that. He even avoided me. His friends told me that he was emotionally upset. I didn’t know what to do. After all, the Malay community in Newcastle wasn’t very large, and of course we were bound to bump into each other. But of course later, they became friends again.

We got engaged on 17th February 2002 and on 27th December 2002, we got married. The wedding reception itself was done the next day at my parents’ place, whereas Bie’s side of the reception was done the following day.

There was a lot of stuff happening prior to our marriage. I even wanted to postpone the wedding because I felt that I wasn’t ready to be married. Bie had to console me and assured me that I was getting cold feet. My mother was frantic and told my aunt to talk to me, you know, sort of a slow-talk session with me. But the historical day came, and I was married after Maghrib. In fact, I was still unsure of myself and the marriage minutes before the wedding (but I liked the fact that I was dressed up and looking nice). You know, like whether I was doing the right thing and all. But the minute the akad nikah was completed, I felt as if a huge burden had been lifted off my shoulder and my shoulder felt so light. I felt very, very happy. I even shed a few tears, very happy at being Mrs Bie. I knew I made the right choice and that I don’t think I would have wanted to get married if not to Bie.

So now, we’ve been married for four years. I cherish the four years we are together. I love him very much and I love my daughter who currently has his looks (if you look at her closely, especially when she’s asleep) very much. I am grateful to Allah for giving him as my jodoh and I truly hope that we will have a blessed marriage throughout our entire lives. Yes, there will probably be glitches along the way and if not taken care of, could lead to the inevitable, but I pray that, that wouldn’t happen. I pray that we will be together as husband and wife, dunia and akhirat, Insya Allah.

HAPPY FOURTH ANNIVERSARY, MY DEAREST BIE…





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Ja & Fiki. May Allah bless you with LOTSA love and many more years of happiness and joy.

Love u both lots.

*hugs*

Mel Ija said...

Thanks, dearie.

*hugs and kisses*

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversarry Ija And Rafik!

May ALLAH Bless you And Family Always ...

~murni & family~

Mel Ija said...

Thanks Murni for the wish.

*hugs*