Last weekend, the company organized a Family Day at A’ Famosa in Malacca. The telematch was supposed to start at 10.00am but since my name is not even in the list for the telematch games, I thought, why bother coming early. I might as well come in time for lunch. So, that’s just what I did. We reached A’ Famosa at about noon, just in time for lunch.
The food was crappy. I had vegetables only. The rest, trust me, was NOT appealing enough. Marsya was all excited to enter into the pool. We were after all at the Water World. So, not long, I changed Marsya into her swimming attire and I walked with her into one of the kid’s pool. She was excited. She was laughing and pretending to be swimming. I held her hand and walked with her around the pool. She wanted to go onto one of the slides, but there were so many big kids around and these kids were so excited playing that I was sure that they wouldn’t realize a two-year old was trying to make down the slide. So, I talked her out of it. Luckily she was ok with it. Suddenly, I saw something floating in the water. It was not a pleasant sight. So I quickly picked Marsya up and brought her out of the water. She was furious. She kicked, she screamed and she wailed; very upset that I was cutting short her swimming time. I tried to tell her that we were going to another pool, but she wouldn’t listen. Tears were streaming down her face. Too upset at what I did to her. But then, she caught sight of the other pool. She stopped crying and walked eagerly to the other kid’s pool. I was relieved.
She had a good time at the second pool as well. And when I coaxed her into leaving telling her that we were going to another pool i.e. the whirl pool, she easily stood up, walked out of the pool and put her slippers on. The tantrums that were shown at the first pool were not there at all. Bie smiled at me definitely at the thought of Marsya’s antics.
Marsya enjoyed the whirl pool best. First there was the sandy beach, and then there were the man-made waves. She liked the waves very much. She sat at the edge of the pool while waiting for the waves to catch on to her. She spluttered all right when water got into her mouth and nose, but that did not budge her. She continued to sit and enjoy the waves as the waves knocked against her small body. She even made a friend (another toddler) who sat next to her enjoying the waves. It was fun looking at her. She liked the water so much. She was laughing, smiling and making all sorts of noises. She was a beautiful sight to look at.
However, dragging her out of the whirl pool wasn’t easy. She refused to leave the whirl pool. When I tried to pick her up, she dropped her body down into a sleeping position and let the water seep through her hair while allowing her body to float in the water. I spent about half an hour trying to get her out of the whirl pool. But when I finally did, she didn’t throw anymore tantrums. There was no wailing. Lucky me. Mind you, all this time, Bie was watching out for us at the sandy beach. He’s not much of a water person. So he left all the water-entertaining-Marsya time, to me.
I was tired when I walked out of the whirl pool. So we changed very quickly then sought to get the keys to our room (which we got quite late, thanks to the committee… just don’t get me started on that). The minute we got into the car, rain came down, very heavily. Thank goodness that we were already heading to our room.
D’Savoy was very nice. The studio apartment we stayed in was very cozy. I liked it very much. Most of the utensils and furniture were new. We rested for about an hour and a half (Marsya was really tired after the swimming) before getting ready for the dinner that night.
The dinner was held at the cowboy town. The theme was glitz. I was wearing a spaghetti glittered dress, courtesy of a dear friend who nicely loaned the dress to me and of course a pink shawl to cover the areas that were supposed to be covered. We created quite a racquet over at our table because everyone was dressed very nicely.
The food was horrible. I didn’t like it and couldn’t eat much. The performances were so-so. Our performance won second place. I was quite disappointed as I was hoping to get first. After all, our performance had all the right ingredients and the appropriate messages. I guess the judge was being a bit biased (that’s me, resenting the decision).
After dinner, we got back to our apartment and not long after that we were fast asleep.
The next day after breakfast, we went to the Safari World. Marsya enjoyed the animals very much. She was eager to see the animals, but when we got close to them, she screamed because she was also frightened of them. She liked the elephant and the birds. When we went for our safari truck ride, Marsya couldn’t sit down. She was forever standing up, pointing to all the animals that she saw. She particularly liked the elephant, tiger, bear, horse and giraffe. It was fun seeing all these animals through her eyes. Bie and I decided to take her to the zoo one day as she is already beginning to appreciate these animals.
It was already noon when we left the Safari World. After we checked out, we headed back home. I guess the trip was a bit overwhelming for Marsya, because not long after that, she was fast asleep. I looked at her sleeping. She looked like an angel. I smiled remembering her antics at the Water World and the Safari. And I thought to myself, “The trip wouldn’t have been as much fun if I hadn’t seen it through my daughter’s eyes”. In fact, it was the only thing that made the Family Day memorable for Bie and me.
Will post picture soon.
The food was crappy. I had vegetables only. The rest, trust me, was NOT appealing enough. Marsya was all excited to enter into the pool. We were after all at the Water World. So, not long, I changed Marsya into her swimming attire and I walked with her into one of the kid’s pool. She was excited. She was laughing and pretending to be swimming. I held her hand and walked with her around the pool. She wanted to go onto one of the slides, but there were so many big kids around and these kids were so excited playing that I was sure that they wouldn’t realize a two-year old was trying to make down the slide. So, I talked her out of it. Luckily she was ok with it. Suddenly, I saw something floating in the water. It was not a pleasant sight. So I quickly picked Marsya up and brought her out of the water. She was furious. She kicked, she screamed and she wailed; very upset that I was cutting short her swimming time. I tried to tell her that we were going to another pool, but she wouldn’t listen. Tears were streaming down her face. Too upset at what I did to her. But then, she caught sight of the other pool. She stopped crying and walked eagerly to the other kid’s pool. I was relieved.
She had a good time at the second pool as well. And when I coaxed her into leaving telling her that we were going to another pool i.e. the whirl pool, she easily stood up, walked out of the pool and put her slippers on. The tantrums that were shown at the first pool were not there at all. Bie smiled at me definitely at the thought of Marsya’s antics.
Marsya enjoyed the whirl pool best. First there was the sandy beach, and then there were the man-made waves. She liked the waves very much. She sat at the edge of the pool while waiting for the waves to catch on to her. She spluttered all right when water got into her mouth and nose, but that did not budge her. She continued to sit and enjoy the waves as the waves knocked against her small body. She even made a friend (another toddler) who sat next to her enjoying the waves. It was fun looking at her. She liked the water so much. She was laughing, smiling and making all sorts of noises. She was a beautiful sight to look at.
However, dragging her out of the whirl pool wasn’t easy. She refused to leave the whirl pool. When I tried to pick her up, she dropped her body down into a sleeping position and let the water seep through her hair while allowing her body to float in the water. I spent about half an hour trying to get her out of the whirl pool. But when I finally did, she didn’t throw anymore tantrums. There was no wailing. Lucky me. Mind you, all this time, Bie was watching out for us at the sandy beach. He’s not much of a water person. So he left all the water-entertaining-Marsya time, to me.
I was tired when I walked out of the whirl pool. So we changed very quickly then sought to get the keys to our room (which we got quite late, thanks to the committee… just don’t get me started on that). The minute we got into the car, rain came down, very heavily. Thank goodness that we were already heading to our room.
D’Savoy was very nice. The studio apartment we stayed in was very cozy. I liked it very much. Most of the utensils and furniture were new. We rested for about an hour and a half (Marsya was really tired after the swimming) before getting ready for the dinner that night.
The dinner was held at the cowboy town. The theme was glitz. I was wearing a spaghetti glittered dress, courtesy of a dear friend who nicely loaned the dress to me and of course a pink shawl to cover the areas that were supposed to be covered. We created quite a racquet over at our table because everyone was dressed very nicely.
The food was horrible. I didn’t like it and couldn’t eat much. The performances were so-so. Our performance won second place. I was quite disappointed as I was hoping to get first. After all, our performance had all the right ingredients and the appropriate messages. I guess the judge was being a bit biased (that’s me, resenting the decision).
After dinner, we got back to our apartment and not long after that we were fast asleep.
The next day after breakfast, we went to the Safari World. Marsya enjoyed the animals very much. She was eager to see the animals, but when we got close to them, she screamed because she was also frightened of them. She liked the elephant and the birds. When we went for our safari truck ride, Marsya couldn’t sit down. She was forever standing up, pointing to all the animals that she saw. She particularly liked the elephant, tiger, bear, horse and giraffe. It was fun seeing all these animals through her eyes. Bie and I decided to take her to the zoo one day as she is already beginning to appreciate these animals.
It was already noon when we left the Safari World. After we checked out, we headed back home. I guess the trip was a bit overwhelming for Marsya, because not long after that, she was fast asleep. I looked at her sleeping. She looked like an angel. I smiled remembering her antics at the Water World and the Safari. And I thought to myself, “The trip wouldn’t have been as much fun if I hadn’t seen it through my daughter’s eyes”. In fact, it was the only thing that made the Family Day memorable for Bie and me.
Will post picture soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment