Monday, August 14, 2006

May He Gets What He Deserves

Tomorrow my dearest Bie’s going to court. This is in relation to the condo/apartment we bought in Setapak about 3 years ago. The one which didn’t go very well. It’s just so sad. We spent about RM20k to buy the condo; about RM15k for the condo itself whilst the remaining RM5k went towards legal and stamp duty fees. My duit hantaran was totally exhausted towards the down payment whilst my dearest Bie added in several thousand RM just so that we can get our life on the track; you know, just being married and everything.

But the turnout wasn’t as we expected it. We met the owners. He was very nice. Seemed religious. Always puasa sunat with his wife. Always solat berjemaah at the nearest mosque. He even gave us marriage advice. We thought he was all right. Turned out, he was the devil in disguise. Just as when our sale and purchase agreement was nearing completion, he backed out. The reason he gave was that the solicitor didn’t act fast enough thus the bank was late in paying the differential sum to his existing financier or something. And to make matters worse, he DID NOT want to refund our money. He even had the nerves to ask us for compensations. We were shocked. I was in an emotional turmoil. I cried almost every day. We thought the new house would be the start of a happy marriage. But it didn’t.

That %&@#$ guy refused to meet up with us. My dearest Bie called him many times but he refused to talk. He asked Bie to speak to his solicitor. And when my dearest Bie went to the condo wanting to meet this orang tua tak sedar diri, he didn’t open the door. He kept quiet, konon takder orang kat rumahlah. When for actual fact, we knew that he was home. His shoes and slippers were outside. We were CONNED..!!

So, we took action against him, trying to get a court order for him to refund our money. Affidavits upon affidavits, court hearing kept on being postponed, and finally the day draws near. Tomorrow, my dearest Bie is going to court as witness to our case.

I truly hope that the Puan Majistret takes pity on us. I’m done crying. I just want that %$@* to refund our money. That is all.

However, I have to admit that this whole affair had its hikmah. Allah is after all the Most Knowing. We found another condo not long after the Setapak one was ditched. And somehow, with His help, we managed to korek sana and korek sini for the down payment and the legal fees, both the sale and purchase agreement and the loan agreement. Luckily we didn’t have to pay any stamp duty because at that time, the government just announced that for residences below RM180k, stamp duty waived. Ours was RM176k. And it is a much more wonderful place to live in. It is a low dense condo with just two blocks. Behind it is the forest reserve. So at night, the climate is kind of cool. We don’t even have air-conditioning. The fresh air is so much better. Yes, this is the hikmah that we got when the Setapak condo didn’t go as planned. Unfortunately with a very hefty price.

Whatever it is, I pray that things will go good tomorrow. I really hope so. Please pray for me.

4 comments:

The Pisces Man said...

ok Ija, i'll pray for you that the old man gets to pay (in money and in something else, who knows, the world works a mysterious way). let us know on the outcome of the trial. btw, where is it u r staying now?

Mel Ija said...

Hi Abdun,

Unfortunately the trial got postponed again to September. Since we began this case, we've seen three magistrates come and go. I just hope that this September trial really happens.

Currently, I'm staying in Hulu Kelang.

Hazyr said...

Hi.. Just blog-hopping..

Is this Ija that I used to know? AL13 Ija who used to be quite loud? hahaha..

If not, thousand apologies. If yes.. good to see you again mate!

Ryzah

Mel Ija said...

Hi Ryzah,

Yes it's me. The one who sort a went out for a short while with your cute cousin (is he still cute) hehehehe...

Me loud? Really..?? Hehehehe... well, don't know if I still am that loud. To some friends, still loud lah kot, to some extent. Hehehehe... how to change? That's just me... :)

Nice to see you here. Blog hopping I see. Hope to see you here more often. See ya..!!