When I heard that Ayah wouldn’t be at home last weekend, I felt so lazy to go back. Ibu would be busy with her thing and if she went out, I would be left at home with Marsya, Bie, my brothers and Bibik. I sighed at the prospect of going back. So I called Ayah and asked his opinion on whether I should go back and he advised me to go home for the weekend. Ibu wasn’t going anywhere and all my brothers would be there. I relented. So on Saturday morning, I did my laundry as usual and packed the necessary clothing to go back to my parents’ for the weekend.
When I reached the compound, Ibu was already there sitting on the chair. She looked up and smiled. I looked at her and smiled back. Marsya was excited to go out of the car. So I opened the car door and passed Marsya to my brother. Then I heard Ibu saying, “Alah cucu Uwan… dah sampai dah”.
Later that afternoon as I was lying in front of the TV, Ibu asked whether I wanted to go out, pergi minum petang, and I said, “Why not”. Well, we did go for minum petang but at Acik’s place. Acik cooked “keledek goreng” for us and it was good.
The next day, Ibu ajak me to go to Aunty Ani’s shop to look for a new bed. I was quite surprised. It’s not that she never ajak me to go places before, she has done so in the past, but of late, she has been occupied with other things. So I told her that I’m going to Jusco with Ayin (my brother) and if she wanted to come, it’d be good. And she agreed. I know that she was tired and sleepy, but she came with us anyway. She tried to join in all the things that we wanted to do, even though she was tired.
So when she had to leave before Maghrib for prayers at Mambau, she felt bad. After all, I was supposed to go back to KL that night and she didn’t want to miss us before we left for KL. But what was to be done, had to be done. She left for Mambau without even saying goodbye. I felt something weird inside but I brushed it off.
She called me up at 8pm asking when we were leaving for KL. I told her that we would probably leave around 10pm coz Bie wanted to watch Constantine. I told her not to rush though coz if I couldn’t see her that night, I would see her the following weekend, if I go back home again. So after Constantine, we had dinner (eating hurriedly) and left for KL. After all the next day is a working day and I haven’t ironed my clothes.
As I was heading towards the town area, Ibu called. She had just finished her thing and wanted to see us before we left for KL. I assured her that it was all right and that I’d see her again, but she was adamant. She told us to park somewhere and she would meet us there. So we parked at Petronas and waited for her arrival.
She arrived about 10 minutes later. I saw her got out of the car and walked towards my car. My daughter was eager to see her. So when Ibu opened the car door, Marsya held up her arms to Ibu. Ibu picked her up and kissed her all over. Marsya did not even want to come back inside the car. She was actually clinging to her Uwan. I liked it. It was the first time that Marsya didn’t want to let go of Ibu. And I smiled.
We said our goodbyes at the petrol station and head our separate ways.
Ibu is still Ibu. Though she may have her flaws (who’s perfect anyway) and sometimes makes us mad, she is still Ibu. And I’m sure we make her mad as well. But that’s another thing. I can never stay away from Ibu too long. I have to admit that of late she’s been occupied with a lot of things and I guess being her daughter I got sensitive all over. I should have been more understanding, I guess. No matter what she is, she’s my Ibu. My mother. The woman who gave birth to me and who brought me up into what I am today. No matter what our differences are, I will love her until her dying days.
When I reached the compound, Ibu was already there sitting on the chair. She looked up and smiled. I looked at her and smiled back. Marsya was excited to go out of the car. So I opened the car door and passed Marsya to my brother. Then I heard Ibu saying, “Alah cucu Uwan… dah sampai dah”.
Later that afternoon as I was lying in front of the TV, Ibu asked whether I wanted to go out, pergi minum petang, and I said, “Why not”. Well, we did go for minum petang but at Acik’s place. Acik cooked “keledek goreng” for us and it was good.
The next day, Ibu ajak me to go to Aunty Ani’s shop to look for a new bed. I was quite surprised. It’s not that she never ajak me to go places before, she has done so in the past, but of late, she has been occupied with other things. So I told her that I’m going to Jusco with Ayin (my brother) and if she wanted to come, it’d be good. And she agreed. I know that she was tired and sleepy, but she came with us anyway. She tried to join in all the things that we wanted to do, even though she was tired.
So when she had to leave before Maghrib for prayers at Mambau, she felt bad. After all, I was supposed to go back to KL that night and she didn’t want to miss us before we left for KL. But what was to be done, had to be done. She left for Mambau without even saying goodbye. I felt something weird inside but I brushed it off.
She called me up at 8pm asking when we were leaving for KL. I told her that we would probably leave around 10pm coz Bie wanted to watch Constantine. I told her not to rush though coz if I couldn’t see her that night, I would see her the following weekend, if I go back home again. So after Constantine, we had dinner (eating hurriedly) and left for KL. After all the next day is a working day and I haven’t ironed my clothes.
As I was heading towards the town area, Ibu called. She had just finished her thing and wanted to see us before we left for KL. I assured her that it was all right and that I’d see her again, but she was adamant. She told us to park somewhere and she would meet us there. So we parked at Petronas and waited for her arrival.
She arrived about 10 minutes later. I saw her got out of the car and walked towards my car. My daughter was eager to see her. So when Ibu opened the car door, Marsya held up her arms to Ibu. Ibu picked her up and kissed her all over. Marsya did not even want to come back inside the car. She was actually clinging to her Uwan. I liked it. It was the first time that Marsya didn’t want to let go of Ibu. And I smiled.
We said our goodbyes at the petrol station and head our separate ways.
Ibu is still Ibu. Though she may have her flaws (who’s perfect anyway) and sometimes makes us mad, she is still Ibu. And I’m sure we make her mad as well. But that’s another thing. I can never stay away from Ibu too long. I have to admit that of late she’s been occupied with a lot of things and I guess being her daughter I got sensitive all over. I should have been more understanding, I guess. No matter what she is, she’s my Ibu. My mother. The woman who gave birth to me and who brought me up into what I am today. No matter what our differences are, I will love her until her dying days.

No comments:
Post a Comment