Last Sunday, I had the opportunity to have dinner with Zam and his new wife. We had dinner at the Roadhouse Grill in Jalan Ampang as that was convenient for both of us as Zam stays in Jalan Tun Razak, while I stay in… you know where. I haven’t had the chance to chit-chat with Zam even before he got married. Previously when asked, about getting married, he always sighed and said, “Hujung tahun…”. And this went on for quite a number of years. Every year when I asked him the ‘marriage’ question, he would say end of the year. But he never seemed to have met anyone to walk the aisle with him.
Suddenly out of the blue, he called Bie up and said that he was getting engaged and he wanted Bie to be there. I was surprised, as I didn’t know that he was seeing anyone. But yeah… it was quite sudden. Zam and his wife only knew each other for a couple of months. They got engaged and last month they got married. I guess I could call it a “whirlwind romance”.
When we parked the car at the Roadhouse Grill compound, I saw Zam and his new wife already waiting for us. Marsya was asleep so I had to lift her gently from my lap (she woke up soon after). Zam’s wife, Id greeted us and we entered the restaurant.
I didn’t talk to Id much. I was busy with Marsya who by the way was making quite a racket throwing peanuts on the floor… and of course I was busy observing Id. She didn’t talk to me much. She talked and laughed with my dearest Bie. I can understand that she may felt comfortable with Bie, so that’s why she only talked to him alone. Zam was sitting next to Id, looking content and happy. His slowly increasing waistline is the evidence for that.
After looking at her for a while, I began to see why Zam likes her. She’s sweet. In fact, she looks better without any make-up on as opposed to having lots of make-up. She’s quite big-sized, but she’s not fat. And the one thing, which I am very sure as to why Zam adores her, is that she talks and laughs a lot. Zam didn’t have to say anything. Id did most of the talking. When I began to join in the conversation, I could see that her edginess sort of calmed down. She began talking to me, looking at me while talking. She talked about the wedding reception in Terengganu and laughed at how both her and Zam overslept the next morning. She also showed the wedding photographs and I could see that she was happy. There’s no telling about Zam. He kept on beaming throughout the entire dinner.
I am happy that Zam has found his ‘one’. And I’m glad that Id sees all the wonderful things in Zam. As I sat watching them eat in front of me, I could see that Id would gently pat Zam’s shoulder and leaned against him when Bie and I talked about something. During few moments, I would hear her call, “Abang…” and I smiled.
Suddenly out of the blue, he called Bie up and said that he was getting engaged and he wanted Bie to be there. I was surprised, as I didn’t know that he was seeing anyone. But yeah… it was quite sudden. Zam and his wife only knew each other for a couple of months. They got engaged and last month they got married. I guess I could call it a “whirlwind romance”.
When we parked the car at the Roadhouse Grill compound, I saw Zam and his new wife already waiting for us. Marsya was asleep so I had to lift her gently from my lap (she woke up soon after). Zam’s wife, Id greeted us and we entered the restaurant.
I didn’t talk to Id much. I was busy with Marsya who by the way was making quite a racket throwing peanuts on the floor… and of course I was busy observing Id. She didn’t talk to me much. She talked and laughed with my dearest Bie. I can understand that she may felt comfortable with Bie, so that’s why she only talked to him alone. Zam was sitting next to Id, looking content and happy. His slowly increasing waistline is the evidence for that.
After looking at her for a while, I began to see why Zam likes her. She’s sweet. In fact, she looks better without any make-up on as opposed to having lots of make-up. She’s quite big-sized, but she’s not fat. And the one thing, which I am very sure as to why Zam adores her, is that she talks and laughs a lot. Zam didn’t have to say anything. Id did most of the talking. When I began to join in the conversation, I could see that her edginess sort of calmed down. She began talking to me, looking at me while talking. She talked about the wedding reception in Terengganu and laughed at how both her and Zam overslept the next morning. She also showed the wedding photographs and I could see that she was happy. There’s no telling about Zam. He kept on beaming throughout the entire dinner.
I am happy that Zam has found his ‘one’. And I’m glad that Id sees all the wonderful things in Zam. As I sat watching them eat in front of me, I could see that Id would gently pat Zam’s shoulder and leaned against him when Bie and I talked about something. During few moments, I would hear her call, “Abang…” and I smiled.

2 comments:
:-)
:-) to you too..!
Post a Comment