I know it’s a bit too late to wish Happy New Year to everyone, but I have been tied up with a lot of things. It’s a lot of headaches. Work, home, kids… you name it. Everything under the sun. But I am not going to dwell on those items at the moment. All I want to share with you is how great it is to be alive today on this ‘bumi bertuah’. Without realizing it, I am already in my 30s (not sharing where in my 30s because, face it, I hate admitting my age to anyone, let alone the whole world) and I have three kids. One aged 7, the other turning 5 this year and the youngest will be turning 1 next month. Time sure does fly fast. And I am drawn to an email I received and read recently on people’s different perception of time. Some see it as very long and very dragging, but others just seem to sail through it fast. And how very true that is.
I am hoping that 2012 will be a good year for me and the family. I pray that whatever ventures that Bie is working on will be fruitful. He has so much passion and very highly driven. I hate to see that fiery passion die down just like that. I think he deserves much more. He has ideas and can be innovative, but… hey, it’s the business world. You win some, you lose some. It’s frustrating to read about your ideas and brainchild in the newspaper, knowing just several months back, you gave a similar proposal to someone who you can trust, hoping that YOU can initiate the idea on ground. But alas, what is not meant to be, is just not meant to be. Allah says it’s not time yet, so he waits. Although I do fear that he will become grouchy and frustrated with the whole thing, but Allah has certainly given him a very strong heart and a very tough perseverance quality. And it’s been 5 years now. 5 tough years, but we wait. And pray. And hope that good will cross our paths. And like any other beginning of the year, I hope that this is the year. A year that the light at the end of the tunnel is not merely a flicker in the horizon but something bright for all to see, Insya Allah.
I also vow to update my blog on a frequent basis… (yeah, like I’ve heard that before). But a resolution is nonetheless a resolution. So I will try. My best. So don’t hope anymore long updates for me. Frequent means shorter. Unless I need to steam out certain things, then trust me, that update will be a very long one. But I will try to lessen complaints and update more happening events, like the visit to Pusat Sains Negara with the kids and conversing with Actroid, Malaysia’s 1st robot (from Japan though), very life-like and beautiful. Of course that’s only the first version. The ones they use in Japan is a lot better-looking. Or the time that I took my parents to The Curve to buy a stroller for Ayin’s baby. Yeah, my brother just had another baby boy last month. He wanted a girl, but he got a boy instead. So I guess he’ll keep on trying. But I love Haffy. He is a handsome baby. We were at the The Curve during the CNY break and the parking space was practically empty. We could actually choose where we want to park the car. How cool was that. Or the time where I first sent Marsya to school. She’s in Standard 1 now. Can you imagine that? 7 years ago she was just a wee tiny baby. A lot of drama (for her Umi) and definitely a completely new experience. And many more. So yes, this year I am going to go all positive. Yeah to Ija..!!

No comments:
Post a Comment