I received a query from a friend in my Facebook asking why my blog is now ‘bersawang’ in other words, abandoned and deserted. Yes, I have to admit that I haven’t been blogging anything. So many things have happened but so little time to actually do any updating. You see, my boss isn’t around. He went for his Hajj and has not yet returned. And basically, I have to be responsible for some of the tasks that my boss left me with. And let’s just say that now I know what he has went through since he became the Head of Department. I am not even heading the department during his absence (our tasks were distributed evenly before he left), but taking up some of the roles that he has been doing is certainly quite a headache. I had to be twice as vigilant. Twice as active and do a lot of thing just to get one work completed. Previously, all I had to do was the work. And my boss would worry about the other things. But these days, not only do I have to do the work, I also have to oversee the worrying bit. And yes, it is getting to me. And I think I need a break.
And since that dear friend has dropped a query in my Facebook, I have decided to start updating the blog again. Well, my 2010 new year’s resolution, among them is to update my blog on a weekly basis. I wonder whether I can sustain until the end of 2010. Well, we just have to see.
I have put on a lot of weight lately. Now I weigh exactly 63kg. That is a LOT for me. I’m not that tall. I never reach above 60kg unless I am pregnant. And the thing is, I am NOT pregnant. Besides, my ideal weight is around 54kg or 55kg. Needless to say, I have gained 10kg over the last goodness knows how many months!! This has caused a huge concern. I suppose my buttocks have grown bigger. Sideways… uurrgghh..!! And I have also developed a tummy. My hips are huge. And they don’t look particularly good in jeans. To make matters worse, which made me upset for weeks to come was that, Ibu said my legs look like COW’S LEGS. Imagine that? My legs look like COW’S LEGS? The nerve. Well, the statement sort of coincides with the recent Aidil Adha. There were many cows about. Aarrgghh… something has to be done about this. Her statement affected me. Though a friend of mine said, “At least she said your legs look like cow’s legs. At least it’s small at the ankles, but what if she had said that your legs are like elephant’s legs, that would be even worse. So thank God that your legs look like cow’s legs”. Well, if you put it that way, yes I prefer a cow’s leg to an elephant’s leg, but still…
So among my new year’s resolution is to loose weight. I know that it’s going to be difficult. I am a FOOD lover. I eat food. I like food. I have never been on a diet for the whole of my entire life. I never exercise as well. I guess that has to change. I still eat, but I will TRY to eat sparingly i.e. not stuff everything in my mouth like I used to. Previously, even when I eat a lot, I do not gain weight. The reason being, I was below 30 – my metabolism is still high, and I was breastfeeding (there was a lot of fat in those milk expressed. Trust me. I washed the bottles). But now I’m above 30 (not a lot mind you… slightly above the big 30.. I know, I’m still in denial about my age), my metabolism rate isn’t what it used to be. And I no longer express milk. So yeah, something has to be done about it. Apart from eating sparingly, walking isn’t a bad form of exercise, right? So yeah, I need running shoes. Hopefully that would get me motivated into doing some running after work. We will see.
Please wish me luck, ok. I need to fit back into those Levi’s jeans (though I just had a roti telur this morning.. arrgghhh..)
And since that dear friend has dropped a query in my Facebook, I have decided to start updating the blog again. Well, my 2010 new year’s resolution, among them is to update my blog on a weekly basis. I wonder whether I can sustain until the end of 2010. Well, we just have to see.
I have put on a lot of weight lately. Now I weigh exactly 63kg. That is a LOT for me. I’m not that tall. I never reach above 60kg unless I am pregnant. And the thing is, I am NOT pregnant. Besides, my ideal weight is around 54kg or 55kg. Needless to say, I have gained 10kg over the last goodness knows how many months!! This has caused a huge concern. I suppose my buttocks have grown bigger. Sideways… uurrgghh..!! And I have also developed a tummy. My hips are huge. And they don’t look particularly good in jeans. To make matters worse, which made me upset for weeks to come was that, Ibu said my legs look like COW’S LEGS. Imagine that? My legs look like COW’S LEGS? The nerve. Well, the statement sort of coincides with the recent Aidil Adha. There were many cows about. Aarrgghh… something has to be done about this. Her statement affected me. Though a friend of mine said, “At least she said your legs look like cow’s legs. At least it’s small at the ankles, but what if she had said that your legs are like elephant’s legs, that would be even worse. So thank God that your legs look like cow’s legs”. Well, if you put it that way, yes I prefer a cow’s leg to an elephant’s leg, but still…
So among my new year’s resolution is to loose weight. I know that it’s going to be difficult. I am a FOOD lover. I eat food. I like food. I have never been on a diet for the whole of my entire life. I never exercise as well. I guess that has to change. I still eat, but I will TRY to eat sparingly i.e. not stuff everything in my mouth like I used to. Previously, even when I eat a lot, I do not gain weight. The reason being, I was below 30 – my metabolism is still high, and I was breastfeeding (there was a lot of fat in those milk expressed. Trust me. I washed the bottles). But now I’m above 30 (not a lot mind you… slightly above the big 30.. I know, I’m still in denial about my age), my metabolism rate isn’t what it used to be. And I no longer express milk. So yeah, something has to be done about it. Apart from eating sparingly, walking isn’t a bad form of exercise, right? So yeah, I need running shoes. Hopefully that would get me motivated into doing some running after work. We will see.
Please wish me luck, ok. I need to fit back into those Levi’s jeans (though I just had a roti telur this morning.. arrgghhh..)

3 comments:
hi ija,
good to have u back..
gud luck on the new year resolutions, the lose weight thing especially.. i need to do that also, sekarang ni takut to step on the weighing machine... hehhehehe
mun
Hi dear, i don't know you but I heart you..i'm in mid-30s, i find it very difficult to lose weight(not that i tried very hard). However, it helps that i monitor my weight closely & constantly. I love food, just like you. Have never been on a diet all my life but I tried to watch what I eat and the qty as well, combined that with exercise 3 times a week. Try doing it and InsyaAllah, you'll be able to shed some weight if not a lot. Good luck dear!!!
Hi Anon,
Thanks for the advice. The other day, I tried running (be it on a tread mill or outside). I even bought a new pair of running shoes. It lasted for a couple of weeks. I was quite proud of myself. But like I said, a couple of weeks ONLY. And now, the running shoes are nicely tucked in the box. Hehehehe.. So yeah, I have to start running again. And watch what I eat, I suppose. The thing is, I LIKE food. Oh well.. we'll see. Thanks for dropping by.
Post a Comment