Friday, December 12, 2008

It’s A Tag

Received an invitation from Pah to do a Tag. So Pah, this is for you.

Name : Hhmm.. Mel Ija.

Sisters : None.

Brothers : Three younger brothers.

Shoe size : Seven and half (the half came since I gave birth. I don’t know why.. hhmm..)

Height : 162 cm (add another 6 cm if I wear two and a half inch high-heeled shoes).

Where do you live : Somewhere in Melawati.

Have you ever been on a plane : Yes.

Swam in the ocean : Yes.

Fallen asleep at school : I can’t remember. I don’t think so though.

Broken someone’s heart : Hhhmm.. I don’t know. I think I have, but I’m not sure. Those people never said anything.

Fell off your chair : I think back during school days.

Sat by the phone all night waiting for someone to call : Yes.

Saved e-mails : Yes.

What is your room like : Hhmm.. A bit of a mess (I can’t believe I’m writing this) but not too bad. The mess would be on my dressing table (cluttered with bottles of perfumes, lotion, hair brush, toiletary bag, hair clips, CDs, purse, money, books, etc, etc), and the handbag corner (I seriously need to get a locker for my handbags which isn’t a lot, but still a sight for sore eyes).

What’s right beside you : A baby cot.

What is the last thing you ate : Domino’s pizza, NY cheese crust… nice..

Chicken pox : A long time ago. Maybe when I was 10 or 11 years old. The whole family caught it, except for my parents.

Sore throat : Sometimes. I believe in drinking LOTS of plain water though.

Stitches : Yes. But only recently, that is when I had Marsya nearly four years ago. It was PAINFUL.

Broken nose : No.

Do you Believe in love at first sight : No I don’t. Well, it has never worked for me that way. Attraction, yes, countless times... but love? No

Like picnics : It’s ok. Haven’t been to one in ages. Hhmm.. when was the last time I had one? I can’t remember. Maybe I should have one. Does packing foods and eating them at the zoo considered a picnic?

Who was/were…The last person you danced with : Marsya and Raqib. We were dancing to the tunes and moves of Mamma Mia. I love that movie. Full of fun and laughter.

Last made you smile : Marsha (this is my friend at work).

You last yelled at : Hhhmm.. Marsya lah I suppose, the daughter. She’s been giving me a lot of tantrums these days. And does not want to listen to what I say. I suppose she just wants my attention what with me being focus on Raqib. Sometimes it’s just so tiring. I suppose that’s why I yelled at her last night.

Today did you…

Smile to someone you like : Yes.

Kissed anyone : My dearest Bie.

Get sick : I didn’t cough or anything last night, but my voice was saying otherwise. Let’s just say that my friends at the office were shocked to hear my voice this morning coz I sounded like a smoker, and a guy. Very, very hoarse.

Talk to an ex : No.

Miss someone : My kids.

Who do you really hate : Selfish and kiasu individuals who do not even have the courtesy to raise their hands when they’re at fault (while driving in a car) or return your smile when you have clearly showed your beautiful smiles to them. I also hate selfish ambitious individuals who only care about themselves and ‘talam dua muka’ politicians and leaders.

Do you like your hand-writing : I do actually.

Are your toe nails painted : No.

Whose bed other than yours would you rather sleep in : My parents’ bed in Seremban.

What color shirt are you wearing now : Purple shirt.

Are you a friendly person : Yes (unless I hate the guts of certain individuals, then I can be quite nasty).

Do you have any pets : No. Never will have any.

Do you sleep with the TV on : No.

What are you doing right now : Listening to the radio while doing these questions.

Can you handle the truth : Hhmm.. Yes.

Are you closer to your mother or father : I am close to both of them, but in different ways.

Do you eat healthy : Not really. I think I should. Hhmm…

Do you still have pictures of you & your ex : No. I’ve never had an ex.

If you’re having a bad day, who are you most likely to go to : Depending on how bad the situation is or the cause of the bad day. Usually if it’s not really personal, I’d go to whoever that happens to be there. But if it is personal, I have a few people that I go to. You know who you are kan.. ke nak tulis kat sini.. hehehehe..

Are you loud or quiet most of the time : Definitely NOT quiet.

Are you confident : Hhmm… I’d like to think that I am.


5 things I was doing 10 years ago:

1. Studied for exams.

2. Hang out with the Dilston Road girls. There was the trip to Hull, the occasional movies at Warner Brothers, the hang out at home time while watching sky movies, the rotating buka puasa sessions, the sports meet events and the list goes on and on.

3. Went steady with my Dearest Bie, first boyfriend ever, exactly 10 years ago i.e. 17 February 1998.

4. Travelled within the UK.

5. Acted in a play called “Raja Bersiong” in the 1998 Malaysian Night. I was the Queen. I choreographed a few dance scenes. It was wonderful. I had a really good time. I didn’t know how effective the play was until a friend told me that he heard a girl cry behind him. He was surprised himself. Didn’t expect it at all. But it was good. And fancy this, after the play, this guy (whom has NEVER noticed me before because I wasn’t exactly pretty and glamorous like the Longhirst girls) came up to me and said that he didn’t know that I was actually pretty, and started calling me to ask me out. Can you believe that? So shallow. I didn’t entertain him. Tak kuasa.


I would do if I were a billionaire: (you mean “when”?)
1. Settle all debts.
2. Give away a bit to charity.
3. Buy properties in major cities around the world.
4. Agree with Pah here… travel the world.
5. Treat my loved ones to good food and holidays.

Five of my bad habits:
I tend to procrastinate sometimes.
2. Snap at people when I am hungry and tired.
3. Lazy at the most weirdest circumstances (orang kata, malas tak bertempat).
4. Say things without thinking (when it’s said, then will I only realize the effects of it.. NOT good).
5. Tendency to immediately correct people when I know for sure that they’re wrong. NOT good.

5 places I’ve lived/living
1. Seremban
2. Shah Alam
3. Wangsa Maju
4. Taman Desa
5. Melawati


The people I wish to tag:

1. Yamm…!! Hehehehehe…
2. Murn… how about it? Wanna give it a go?
3. Pisces Man.. you up for it?
4. Ryzah.. when you’re not too busy.
5. Manal.. think you can do it?
6. I really wish to tag those who do not have blogs like the Gurls and others (meeha, mun, etc.. ). Tell you what, do it, email it to me, then I’ll post it here. Bolehlah… ok?

6 comments:

ManaL said...

Hmmm...havent done tags for a while and even left some out sbb mcm not into them much.
But thanks so much Ija for ur kind thoughts. Perhaps I will reconsider it soon....

One thing for sure, u 2 years in Newcastle is definitely something u would love to reminiscent time and again!

Hazyr said...

hahaha.. I am not that busy ler!

ok, I shall do it.. but part reminiscing the old times yang den lomah sket tuh! ;)

The Pisces Man said...

wokey mate!!

Anonymous said...

salam,

sorry baru got the chance to read your blog ...

here goes - sorry am gonna put short answer ye :)

name: murn

sisters: 1 elder

brothers: 1 elder

shoe size: 5 (my birthay is coming!!!)

height: never sure (teruk tul!!!)

where do you live: uk

have you ever been on a plane: yup

swam in the ocean: nope ... more like the sea

fallen asleep at school: nope but once at the college (tunggu cikgu laaa)

broken someone's heart: yup

fell off your chair: safe to say nope

sat by the phone all night waiting for someone to call: thank god no!

saved e-mail: depends

what is your room like: cozy

what's right beside you: right now? a window

what's the last thing you ate: stir fry chow mein

chicken pox: yup

sore throat: yup

stitches: yup

broken nose: nope

do you believe in love at first sight: again depends ... if to a person - nope ... if a thing yes!!!

like picnics: yes

who was/where...the last person you danced with: don't dance

last made you smile: me kids ... they are plain silly!

you last yelled at: 6:30pm - calling kids for dinner from downstairs

today did you ...

smile to someone you like: yup

kissed anyone: kids goodnight

get sick: alhamdulillah not today

talk to an ex: nope

miss someone: family

who do you really hate: not nice people

do you like your hand-writing: nope

are your toe nails painted: no

whose bed other than yours would you rather sleep in: my kids

what color shirt are you wearing now: black

are you a friendly person: i think so

do you have any pets: used to

do you sleep with the tv on: sometimes

what are you doing right now: typing this tag

can you handle the truth: yes

are you closer to your mother or father: mum

do you eat healthy: i try

do you still have pictures of you and your ex: no

if you are having a bad day, who are you most likely to go to: hubby

are you loud or quiet more of the time: can go both ways

are you confident: depends on the situation

5 things i was doing 10 years ago:

1 - got married

2 - graduated

3 - travelled

4 - made new friends

5 - the usual final year student stuff

i would do if i were a billionaire:

1 - syukur syukur syukur

2 - won't believe it and make sure that it's not some error!

3 - settle any outstanding owing

4 - invest in my kids education

5 - live without the fear of the 'financial' unknown

five of my bad habits:

1 - too engrossed in work

2 - forgetful

3 - tease my kids until they cry!

4 - drinking strong tea

5 - sleeping late

five places i've lived/living:

1 - bangsar

2 - kajang

3 - uk

4 - uk

5 - uk

the people to tag:

none

hope that was ok and thanx for the tag!

take care and have a good weekend!

:o)

Mel Ija said...

Manal. Ryzah and Pisces Man,

It'd be nice if you could do it. Manal, reminisce sikit2 takper kan..

Mel Ija said...

Murn..!!

Thanks a lot for the update. Love reading about it. Take care, ok..!!

Love and hugs..