Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Interested In Me? Perasan..

I was in JB yesterday. The company arranged a raya gathering for its staff and guests. The delicious Fahrin Ahmad was the emcee (I think he is very good looking, and I like him – I don’t normally drool over Malay actors, but Fahrin is an exception), while the performer was Ziana Zain. She was alright. But she looks really good though. Body and all.


Anyway, I met a few of my Johor colleagues whom I don’t usually meet because we only talk on the phone. One of them was Mr A. He’s into one of those young executive schemes. I have met him once before, and talked for quite a number of times on the phone. He was alright. Quite big in size and seems pleasant enough. But he is definitely not my type. Anyway, I saw him yesterday and we talked. I wasn’t that close to him, so when I received a text message from him while heading back towards KL, I was a little surprised.

Mr A : Hi Mel. Mr A here. Sorry for the event. Apa-apa jer kan. By the way, thanks for coming. Send my regards to FSR as well and safe journey. Take care.

Me : The event was ok. I quite liked it. Perhaps we’ll do better next year. Thanks for the wish.

Mr A : If you don’t mind, how old are you? Myself, 25. 2nd November ni my convocation. Baru nak convo.. silly.

Me : [smiling]… how old do you think I am?

Mr A : Eerrmm.. girls are always like that. Rasa macam sebaya dengan I, tapi nampak macam experienced. Eerrrmm.. 27? No.., 25? Yes, 25.

…and I haven’t even replied to his last text message coz I was still beaming with pride as he thought I was 27 or 25, I received another text message from him. Seriously.., you have got to be kidding me. What’s up with this kid? Is he interested in me? I don’t know. But it’s kind of nice seeing that someone much younger than me thought I was his age. I LIKE [smiling from ear to ear].

Mr A : I salah cakap ke. Sorry.

Me : No. Thank you. I’m flattered. But I am actually older than that.

Mr A : Ok, ok. I won’t disturb you. I pun nak mandi. Tidurlah. Bye.

And that was that. I didn’t reply to his last text message. I don’t think I ought to encourage him. But my friends were making a fuss saying that the kid’s got a crush on me. I mean, for real?? I don’t think so. I think he was just being nice. He looked nice yesterday.

So on the way back home, I told Bie about the text messages.

Me : Do you think he’s interested in me, or was I being perasan?

Bie : [smiling..] No comment.

Me : You’re a guy. You should know.

Bie : Well, maybe sebab you banyak cakap. And most guys suka perempuan yang banyak cakap. Including me lah kot. I suka perempuan banyak cakap.

Me : [looking at him from the side with a look that said, oh my God.. you’re cute when you say that. He rarely says that sort of thing, so when he does, I just want to treasure them in my head – shows how rare it is.. hahahaha] Oh yeah [..questioningly].. Doesn’t that annoy you? Some guys hate it when girls talk too much.

Bie : Tengok dia cakap apa lah. Bukan simply cakap.

Me : You mean, not like yapping or anything and talk nonsense? You mean, intelligent stuff?

Bie : Yeah.. well, something like that lah kot. Tengok Lorq. Dia pun suka perempuan banyak cakap. Tengok Nizza.

Me : Itu sebab dia dulu pernah suka kat I. That’s why he tries to find someone that’s like me [lawak, but sometimes I felt that Lorq pernah at one time, liked me. I know Gurls.. don’t laugh. I’m being perasan. Sajer jer.. the feeling got stuck in my head the day he preached to me about wearing a head scarf after he got back from one of those perhimpunan musim luruh in the UK… and when we got back to Malaysia, I always hang out with him. We went to Coffee Bean, buka puasa at Restoren Nelayan… hahahaha..!! That’s me lah, being perasan.. JOKING only lorr.. kalau Lorq tau pun I know he’s going to laugh his head off].

Bie : [smiling..] Agaknya lah kot..

And that was that. Funny ain’t it.

8 comments:

ManaL said...

And u werent invited to do emcee too?

On age part, i am passed that sensitive part already sbb sometimes bila pakai casual clothes in jeans and all, people think i am "adik" and when i am in my kebaya or baju kurung attire, the "kakak".

Dulu kecik hati gak bila kawan2 adek ipar laki yg tua dari kita ingat kita mmg la tua dari dia just because i am the kakak ipar? Bollocks!

Dont la make guessing game again....Tell them straight to their face and they mesti kagum sbb u dont even look 32 to them! Btw, why sebuk nak tau age pon? ape teruk sgt ke kalau that lady lagi tua? What a typical malay. Even mawi pon tak kisa he's 2 years younger than his future wife....

Hazyr said...

wah manal, you even know Mawi's and his future wife's age..I am impressed! hehehehe..

Anonymous said...

I just read this today! LOL. OMG, you are so funny. I can imagine camne muka kau last week when got the texts. LOL.

Eh hello? Lorq? Lorq?

The Pisces Man said...

Maybe he's alredi 45, and looking for someone whose age is 25, 27 ;)

Manal, Mawi... urrgghhhh...

Mel Ija said...

Manal,

Too bad I wasn't the co-emcee. Would have loved to co-host the event with him. As for the age thingy, I suppose it's something which will always be one of life's focus for me. Call me silly, but I guess it's hard for me to accept that I am getting older by the day. But yeah, I don't know why he was interested in my age. Curious kot.

Mel Ija said...

Ryzah,

I think the WHOLE WORLD knows that she's older than him. I mean, gambar diorang pergi kursus kawin pun are being circulated in the internet. It's really ridiculous lah.

Mel Ija said...

Pah,

Yeah I made faces.. hehehehe.. [bangga lah tapi.. hahahaha].. and OF COURSE Lorq..!! Hahahahahaha...!! But then, I know for sure that he was interested in others too including.. hhmm.. :P

Mel Ija said...

Pisces Man,

He was just young, 25 years old. That's like 7 years younger than me. Tak minat lah..