Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How Was Your Eid?

I celebrated Eid in KL this year i.e. with Bie’s family. It was alright. Tired is part and parcel of celebrating Eid, especially if you’ve got small children to deal with. I have to admit, celebrating Eid when you have kids, is actually enjoyable. Especially if your kid is at that age who likes to talk a lot, and not shy to speak to strangers and make new friends. Ayah bought 2 sets of baju kurung for Marsya and 1 set of baju melayu for Raqib. Acik bought Raqib the other set of baju melayu. Biased that I am, I thought they looked adorable. Ayah certainly has taste in selecting nice clothes.

The first day was spent visiting close relatives’ houses. The second day, people came to the house. I made curry mee. My parents came to my in-laws’ house as they went to Bentong to visit their new grandson. So on their way back to Seremban, they made a stop in KL. It was good to see them.

The next day, we went back to Seremban. The whole family. Even my in-laws came back with us because they wanted to visit their cousins in Ampangan. Their cousins are descendants of Dato’ Shahbandar or something (don’t ask me, coz I don’t know much) and they live in this big beautiful old house with nice lawns fronting the main road near the traffic light. I have always wanted to know how the house looks like. When I was in school, I would pass by the house everytime going and coming back from school. I thought it was such a unique and beautiful house and I always wondered how it looked like from the inside. And God answered my prayers. I married someone who is related to the family living in that house. The first time I stepped foot in the house, I was excited. I wanted to see everything. Though it is an old house, it has been renovated for quite a number of times. As wooden as it may seem from the outside, the inside of it is all stones and cement. There are little doorways which I was curious about (but I can’t simply open the doors and push them, it wouldn’t be appropriate) and steep wooden stairs leading to the kitchen on the ground floor. I like the house. It’s beautiful. And I have been looking forward to go to that house ever since, whenever there is a chance. My children tak payah tanyalah. They LOVE the house. I think it’s because of the huge lawn. They were running here and there making the most of the short, beautiful green grass and the swing.

Anyway, after the Ampangan house, we went back to my parents. My school friends came over after 3pm. They brought food, cakes and chicken. Some of them I haven’t met for quite a number of years. It was good.

The next day was spent at my grandmother’s pusara, and then we went back to Kuala Pilah to visit Uwan Teh and Pak Ngah.

So basically that was how I spent my Eid.

I came back to work on Wednesday. But on Tuesday, I took the opportunity to take my kids out to KLCC. First we had breakfast at McDonald, then we took the LRT (Marsya was excited. She didn’t want to sit down, insisting on wanting to look outside even when we were in the tunnel). It is honestly a wonderful experience going on the LRT and KLCC with your kids. I absolutely enjoyed it. Even Raqib was being very quiet in the pushchair as if absorbing all the things he saw. At first we wanted to go on the skybridge. But by the time we got there, the tickets have all been issued i.e. finished. Too bad. Marsya would have loved to have gone up there. Maybe next time. Because of that, we went to Petrosains instead. This proved successful, because Marsya enjoyed herself in there. I myself was surprised because from the outside, it didn’t look like it had much. But once inside, Bie and I were a little surprised to discover that there were many exhibitions and galleries inside. In fact, we spent three hours in there. Talk about being science freaks, which we’re not. But we enjoyed the exhibitions. I especially enjoy looking at my daughter enjoying herself. The feeling was nice and warm. I love them all SO much. Hehehehe.. (that’s me.. being an overbearing Umi).

Next time, we’ll go to Aquamarine and perhaps a picnic in the park. I know my children will truly enjoy themselves there.

2 comments:

The Pisces Man said...

Sayangnya cik akak dengan adik dia kan...?

Anyway, how was Raya decorating in KLCC this year? I missed that... still repeat the same old ones or there's smthing new..?

Mel Ija said...

Hi Pisces Man,

Not much of decoration lah. Ke I yg tak perasan coz we were rushing back to avoid the congestion in the LRT, since I've got 2 kids with me. So, sorry.. don't know.

Yes, Cik Akak sayang dengan Adik.. BUT pening jugak kepala biler diorang bergaduh.. hehehehe..