Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tired of Waiting

I actually have a paper to do, but am TOO lazy to do it. I have outlined the framework, but to put it on paper; with proper paragraphings and sentences just require TOO much thinking. And considering that it was already approaching 5.30pm, I just couldn’t make myself to start doing it. Oh well. It’ll have to be tomorrow, when I’m all fresh and everything.

I am waiting for my dearest Bie to pick me up from work. These days, he often comes late to pick me up. I know that sometimes when I have work to do, he had to wait in the car for me. There was one time; he had to wait for an hour for me. Thank goodness he was patient. Well, he did have some sarcastic remarks for me, but they were usually dropped after I got into the car with him.

Truthfully, I am getting tired of waiting. I know I have to be fair as he also waits for me sometimes. But these days, I rarely go back while the sun is still up. It’s all very tiring. Having just one car when you’re used to having two cars can cause a lot of headaches. I am happy that he’s picking me up. In fact I cherish our moments in the car together because that’ll be the times that we could usually talk without the interference of the kids, but it’s the waiting that is getting to me. Sometimes he has to meet people. And his discussions would end quite late. So I have to wait in the office for him. And by the time he arrived, all of my colleagues had already left. It can get quite creepy especially when there’s no one left at the office except for me. The office boy who usually locks the office would be elsewhere, lepak-ing at the stall somewhere drinking teh tarik.

Anyway, enough about this waiting issue. It’s just me… sharing my tiredness of waiting.

My kids are such a handful these days. Marsya is VERY tempremental. I can’t even reprimand her because she would curl up in a sitting position, put her head down with her arms entwining about her head and start wailing. Wailing to the point that I feel like smacking her. It is very challenging to the mind and the body, especially if you’ve had a tiring day. Her screaming always gets to me that sometimes I had to grit my teeth and refrain myself from hitting her. But when my patience is really challenged, I just smack her legs and leave her to cry for a good few minutes.

Like last night, she didn’t want to sleep with her Abi. She wanted to sleep with me. It was past 2am. Raqib was already asleep. I told her to sleep next to me on the bed but she started crying refusing to sleep on the bed. She wanted to sleep outside (in front of the TV) with me. Her being noisy woke her little brother up, who is a VERY light sleeper by the way. He started crying. So I have two kids wailing at the top of their lungs at 2am in the morning. I ignored her and quickly tend to my baby. He just wanted to be breastfed (that always does the trick as he will quickly fall asleep after that). My dearest Bie had to take Marsya outside in his attempt to make her sleep. But it was pointless. Later, when Bie wanted to put her in her crib, she refused to sleep there. Instead, she wanted to sleep next to me, on the bed. So there we were. All four sleeping on the queen-sized bed.

But my kids are still my kids. Even how irritated I am with them, I enjoy their company very much. Their smiles and antics are always the first things that are on my mind whenever I feel stressed with life and work. Oh well. That’s life for you.

Here I’d like to share some memorable pictures of them.

Umi loves you both VERY MUCH. Mmuuahhhss..!!







5 comments:

The Pisces Man said...

I always enjoy being in the car with my wife, be it sending her to the place she wants to go to, or we are having a joy ride with our kiddo.

Nowadays, if the journey is not a long-distance travelling, the car seat will remain where it is, i.e at the front passenger seat, and my wife would seat at the back and usually, she'd be in the middle, so that we can still have body contacts once in a while, while in the car.

Try to spice up the environment inside the car laa Ija, for both of u to enjoy. Some say the interior of my car and wife's car (hasil 'nukilan' i jugak lah tuh) look like a nursery, and they expect our kiddo must enjoy travelling with their parents. Wallahua'lam.. :-0

The Pisces Man said...

Hmmm... come to think of it, if after a few years of marriage, with two kids, and usually reach home after the sun has set in, yeah, maybe, just maybe, me (or wife) would be slightly ticked and sickened by the fact that I will have to wait for long hours for the significant other to come...

Hehee.. just a thought.

Mel Ija said...

Pisces Man,

Sorry for not replying any sooner. Spot on, on the second posting. After few years of marriage and two kids, where one of 'em talks endlessly and always craving for attention, it is VERY tiring to wait for my significant other to come and fetch me.

But you still have a long way ahead of you. So enjoy it.

:)

Hazyr said...

Hang in there mate, am sure the patience will pay off soon!

p/s you have adorable kids there...so cute! :)

Mel Ija said...

Hi Ryzah,

I am praying very hard these days. I just don't want my hubby to be dissapointed, IF what he's doing is not striking any luck. But of course, I support him in all he does. Perhaps, I may need to focus extra attention on emotional support at this juncture.

Thanks for your compliment on the kids. Adorable as they are, they're quite a handful. And that means LESS rest for me.