Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Wedding Is Finally Here

My brother is finally getting hitched this Friday. The akad nikah will be carried out at the house of the parents’ bride in Pahang. My brother has already reserved some rooms at a nearby resthouse. I think he booked about eight rooms.

Come to think of it, I think he has spent a lot for this wedding. Note that he has been paying for everything, from the mak andam (which I think should be paid by the bride’s side, I mean it’s only natural… but, hhmm.. I don’t know what the agreement was between him and the fiancée) to the room in which the mak andam will stay. I pity him. After all the fiancée just started working, so I don’t think she would have a lot of savings to cater for her wedding, unless her parents helped out. So I guess in the event that my brother has to fork out first, I’m sure that’s just what he did. Oh well, he’s a big boy now. He should know how to manage his finances.

I have always thought that the wedding is still a long way a way. But last Monday, I woke up feeling a little nervous. The akad nikah is THIS Friday..!! Time sure flies fast when you don’t realize it. I immediately called him up relaying my nervousness and concerns. Surprisingly, he sounded quite relaxed. Despite the unfortunate events that went on during the preparation of his wedding (the fiancée’s nikah dress couldn’t be ready on time, was among them, thanks to the stupid sister of the mak andam who promised to deliver the dress tip-top, but because she had a fall out with her mak andam sister, she’s been badmouthing the sister behind her back and asking my brother’s fiancée to look for another mak andam at about three weeks before the wedding..!! How STUPID was that. I blame the stupid, irritating and menyusahkan supposedly tailor-sister). So yeah, we’re having this wedding and by the end of this year, I am going to have a sister-in-law.

I’m supposed to help out wherever I can, but somehow I don’t know why I feel so lazy to go back home. I pity my brother for having to face these difficulties alone. I guess I’m supposed to share the difficulties with him, but my mind is just so tired. So rather than face the difficulties and entertain them, I sought to ignore them completely and went about my family affairs which involve manning two very lasak kids and a husband. One would think that I would be completely busy at this point in time, well truthfully, I’m not. What needs to be done has already been done (well for my part at least) so I figure why should I interfere with the wedding preparation. My Acik is supervising the whole thing, and of course my parents too. Ayah keep on calling me now and then to ask this and ask that, but I just close my eyes, reply his every query, say goodbye and went back on to doing my chores. It’s terrible isn’t it? Oh well, I guess when the actual wedding happen, then I’ll know. And that’s just around the corner.

Please don’t get me wrong. I look forward to the wedding, I do. I can’t wait to have a sister-in-law (I do you know, even though I opposed to it earlier), but… I don’t know. All these preparations and whatever nonsenses that goes with them, thinking about them just make me feel very tired. I just hope that the wedding goes smoothly and that there’ll be no hiccups. I truly hope so.

I am also taking this opportunity to invite friends (who happen to frequent the blog or just visiting) to come to the wedding reception. Our side will be held on 5 January 2008 in Seremban. Please leave a message if you’re interested and I’ll email the invitation card.

No comments: