Friday, November 30, 2007

My Kids

Raqib now is very lasak. He is six months now but looks much older than that. Well, not THAT old. But he is very cheeky for a six month old baby. He doesn’t like to lie on his back. In fact, he RARELY lies on his back. He has acquired the act of ‘slithering’ around. And very fast too I might add. He would lift his body up if he needs to turn around, and he is always sliding towards me wanting me to pick him up. Well, he just can’t seem to see my face. Whenever he sees me, he would get excited and start crying for me. After all, he sees me as his personal walking milk bottle.

I have started to feed him (bless those Nestle Stage 1 food, the one with lots of interesting flavour) and he likes it very much. Of course he likes to play with his food too. So I have to be extra careful when feeding coz I wouldn’t want to be ‘decorated’ with bits and pieces of his foods whenever he does the food-blowing act. He is also good in the walker. When we first put him in the walker, he couldn’t move. He stayed at one place for quite a while until his older sister started pushing him around. But now, gosh, he is so fast. He would move from one end of the room to the other. And to make matters worse, he has also fallen from the walker. He was moving quite fast and the walker got caught at the corner of a carpet. And the walker kind a just topple to the front. I wasn’t there when it happened coz the incident took place at Maksu’s house. Maksu was shocked and she screamed at the top of her lungs. The sight of blood on his nose wasn’t helping much either. Fortunately it was from a scratch. Not some internal nose bleeding kind of thing. But still..!! Kasihan Raqib. The side of his little nose is now temporarily scarred. I hope it will heal in the next couple of days.

That night, another incident took place. He fell from the bed while silly me (who ‘cleverly’ enough didn’t put lots of pillows to prevent him from falling, or put a thick mattress on the floor) was busy showering. He was asleep and I thought I’d just shower for a while. There was a bump at the back of his head. I was really panicky. It was his second fall which evidently left him a little hurt (he wasn’t hurt from the first bed fall). That really reminded me that Raqib should NOT, at ALL cost, be left on the bed alone. Silly me for not taking it seriously.

Marsya is also very mengada-ngada these days. Her vocabularies are quite a lot. If she doesn’t know some of the words, she will show us a picture of it and act it out. Quite funny really. She loves her brother very much, but there are times when she just enjoys giving me difficult times, especially when she sees that Raqib is wailing at the top of his lungs, but I had to sort out a few things for her first before I could attend to Raqib. Usually it’s when she tells me that she just pooh-pooh and needs a change, or that she wants milk. Things like that. And she would take her own sweet time, savouring with pleasure at every minute that Raqib is screaming; all in all giving me quite a terrible headache. On one hand, I enjoy every minute I have with her, but on the other hand, when her tantrums set in, oh gosh… I feel like pinching her all over the place. Oh well… they’re my kids. You love them, and no matter how hard they scream, shout and cry, you will always continue to love them.

My company’s organizing a treasure hunt tomorrow. Marsya will be going back to Taiping with Maksu (Maksu had wanted to bring her back for quite some time now) and Raqib will be taken care by Bie. Hhmm… I don’t know how Bie is going to handle it, but I really hope that he can. This is after all the first time that Bie will handle Raqib alone. This will include his feeding, his bathing and his pooh-poohing. My dearest Bie will have to do all that by himself. I am actually a little worried. But I have to have faith in Bie. I believe that he can do it. And if he’s good at it, this may be a precedent. Well, just pray for him ok.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG.. ija...twice raqib fell out of the bed???... i told u to buy extra pillows didn't i??? dont buy the fluffy ones... buy the kekabu one coz its heavy.. and dont just buy one... buy 6 for all i care... then buy toto.. not conforter.. but toto.. its much thicker and place it all around the bed... raqib tuh lelaki bkn pompuan.. so what do u aspect??? mmg le lasak sket... ish ish....

kecian ko ija.. aku leh imagine kesibukan ko hehehehe... same here... but luckily kiss2 is a big girl and now she helps a lot taking care of her sisters hehehehe

good luck to ur hubby key... and enjoy d treasure hunt... u need the break darling...hehehe

Mel Ija said...

Hi Zha...

Hehehehe... yes mommy. I do have the extra pillows but tulah, tak terfikir. But no worries. I will not put him on the bed anymore and leave him unattended. Judging from the last fall, I don't think I want him to endure that again.

Lucky you anak2 dah besar. Tulah.. tunggulah Marsya dah besar sikit. Then if ada rezeki lagi, at least she's old enough to look after her little siblings.. Insya Allah..

Psstt... I enjoyed the treasure hunt dearie. And hubby also took care of Raqib with no problem. So ok lah..

The Pisces Man said...

Your first para resonated well with how our Ikhwan behaves esp on the part 'walking milk bottle' (as in my wife), haha..

What's the brand of your walker.

Insha' Allah your hubby can take care of your kid by himself. All fathers can and should, if they want to (and have to, haha).

Last night, Ikhwan only had me to take care of him, coz wife needed to go back hometown (work related). Alhamdulillah, it was a breeze, although he did pee on my working pants this morning after I cleaned up his poo. Well, anak sendiri, still, it was all fun..