
I was having a mild flu since last Monday but I didn’t really bother because I could still go to work. There were no severe pains in the joint muscles so I was fine. Last Friday I took the day off because my Mak Su who has been taking of Marsya was going back to Taiping for a week on holiday. So I went about my morning routine as usual which involved cooking Marsya’s food, cleaning the room and bathing her while waiting for my dearest Bie to come back as he had promised to take us to his company’s Raya celebration. So he came back, and we went and met his friends. We didn’t eat much because most of the guests at the Raya celebration were like ‘sakai’. It’s like as if they have never seen food in their entire lives or something. Imagine this; my dearest Bie had a couple of ‘otak-otak’ in his hands BUT a guest, goodness knows from where, grabbed the ‘otak-otak’ from his hand and he ended up with only one ‘otak-otak’ in his hands. How ‘sakai’ was that? So we didn’t eat much there and decided to go to Ikano Power Centre for our afternoon refreshment.
Ikano was alright. We went to Ikea and bought a few stuff for the house. Small stuff mind you. And later walked all around Ikano Power Centre and later to The Curve. Very nice place. The Curve I mean. And there are a lot of eating places at The Curve. So all food lovers out there, you have got to visit The Curve. I mean it. So after visiting the Early Learning Centre and bought a Lamaze Mr Froggy for Marsya (Dearest Bie wanted to install Mr Froggy in Marsya’s pushchair), we went to the Thai Bar at Ikano for dinner and left the place around 9.30pm.
Upon reaching the house, I was feeling yucky. My stomach was rumbling and I had all these gasses inside me but the gasses wouldn’t go anywhere and it was uncomfortable. A few hours after that, I was left lifeless. I was vomiting a lot and my bowels weren’t helping as well. I couldn’t sleep. I would wake up every few hours just to vomit. My dearest Bie would also wake up with me and so would my daughter. I guess she was rudely startled by my urgency to run to the bathroom. The feeling was terrible. When I woke up early in the morning, I couldn’t even walk. My joints were painful and my head was heavy. After a glass of warm water, I vomited again. I couldn’t take it and I knew that my stomach was empty. So I cooked porridge for myself. And after the vomit, I tried to swallow the tasteless porridge. Luckily it didn’t come out.
Around noon, my dearest Bie took me to the clinic and the doctor informed that the vomits and all were the ultimate effect of my mild flu. As I didn’t take any medication nor did I visited a doctor, and my fever was one of those viral fever, that was why I vomited and did the other bowel thing. He also checked for other stuff; you know, the possibility of a dengue and all that (there are recently a lot of these cases) and were informed that if I still don’t feel well to re-visit him for a blood test. He gave me A LOT of medicine to eat and knowing that my dearest Bie will monitor my medication consumption; do I really have a choice?
So here I am today, still ill but feeling so much better than before. However, I am thinking of getting that blood test though as my joints are still painful. Maybe I shouldn’t have come to the office today. I am not fully concentrating on anything I do anyway. I don’t know why I am so ‘rajin’. Go figure…

No comments:
Post a Comment