Today, for the first time ever, I handled a presentation to a fund manager from the UK by MYSELF, no bosses around when for actual fact, they had wanted to see the Senior Management. But the bosses had a board meeting today, so it just had to be me. And I guess I just wanted to gloat… hehehe. I mean, it’s not everyday that I handled such presentation by myself, but luckily I was able to answer the questions they posed. Somehow, I seemed to know the answers. And I have to admit that I am so proud of myself. Don’t tell me that you have never been proud of yourself over something you did and you just felt like smiling all the time non-stop? I’m sure each one of us have. We are after all normal human beings. But yeah, I think I handled myself quite well. It was a relief though when it was over, but I was really glad that they didn’t ask me things which I did not know. And as usual, one of the favourite questions posed by the fund manager is related to the Singaporean’s interest on our land, and why we didn’t have any strong local company to help back us up in our developments. And surprisingly, I managed to answer it without a glitch, sounding very confident, that I myself was surprised. The Mat Salleh sure had a lot of questions.
So yeah, maybe this will be a precedent. I’m not surprised if my boss will want me to handle more of such presentations in the future. Hhmm.. I may have unleashed something here. And I really don’t know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. Oh well, I am taking it positively at the moment. So yeah, why not.. I am giving myself a chance to gloat.
Anyway, I also wanted to share something. I think I did something terrible a few days ago. I am an avid listener of a certain radio station. The deejays wanted us to call them to see whether we agree to their statement that people who have the nicest voices do not have appearances that match their nice voices. I happen to agree with them so I called them up. Yeah, I was on the national radio. I told them that I have a friend, who has one of the nicest voices I have ever heard. She has a deep, attractive and sensual voice. But whenever she meets her online ‘boyfriends’, those meet ups would be the first and the last. And the ‘boyfriends’ do not call her up anymore. To be honest, she’s not really that pretty. She is big in size (tall and big), dark-skinned, and not that pretty. And you know how Malaysian guys are only into looks (so shallow of them), only wanting the light-skinned, slim girls… so typical. And if they’re Malay, fair-skinned girls with ‘tudung’, pathetic, right. Well, this friend of mine, let’s just say, if she were to have been married, her husband would be the luckiest man in the world. She is very caring, a good cook, and very good with house-chores, a perfect wife trait.
Anyway, the deejays wanted me to give them her mobile number because they wanted to call her. Of course I refused. I didn’t want to betray a friend. But they were pushing it, and asked me to hold on line because they were sweet talking me into giving the number. And in the end, I did the unthinkable; I gave the mobile number to the deejays. And the moment I hung up, I felt terrible. I felt like I have sinned or something. And Allah answered my prayers. The deejays tried to call her, but she didn’t pick up the phone. They tried again; still she didn’t pick up her phone. I was relieved. I was thankful. I was so glad that they couldn’t get hold of her. So yeah, I guess I’m confiding it here because I just felt bad. Look at that, I was talking about how I handled the presentation, but instead got to writing about this. Better stop here. Till next time.

2 comments:
Congrates darling... I always know that you will do great hehehehe...
Thanks, Zha.. *hugs*..
Post a Comment