Work never ends. Even if you finish one task, there’ll always be another task waiting for you. And yesterday involved a lot of juggling in between tasks. From having to finish the AC and Board papers because the papers needed to be circulated to the committee members yesterday evening to having to finish the circular and be an emcee for a signing ceremony in the afternoon.
Yes, we had a signing ceremony yesterday. There was this company owned by Dato’ Seri Effendi Norwawi which wanted to acquire this piece of land we have. And I was the emcee. I tell you, I should be getting paid for doing this. I think I should be in this line. Anyone knows who I can contact for any emcee freelance work? Ooppss.. ‘iklan’, just received an email from a gorgeous lawyer who said that I can buy him lunch… how sweet…!! Hehehehe.. well, this is related to the many tasks I was doing yesterday. I needed his written confirmation on something to appease my boss, otherwise my boss wouldn’t sign the paper and the paper wouldn’t have been circulated yesterday evening. So yeah, the lawyer did me a favour, and naturally, I thanked him, so he asked me to buy him lunch [I’m smiling now..]. He is one VERY good-looking lawyer. Always in his blazer with matching pants. Hhmm.. what should I reply.. something witty. Well, I’ll think about it.
Anyway, about the signing ceremony, yes, Dato’ Seri Effendi was there. In fact, he was one of the signatories. And to my surprise, he is a very short man. And very sweet. Soft-spoken, calm, not like he was going to war or something. And when I was doing the emcee-ing job, he paid his attention to me fully. And smiled once in a while when I said something funny (well, I thought I did say something witty yesterday.. hehehe.. perasan), and I like him. He doesn’t look that old. No wonder Tiara could actually fall for him. He’s a sweetheart. Of course he’s probably like my father’s age, but who cares.. he’s adorable. And I was all ears when he delivered his address yesterday.
The event I think was a success. I got many thumbs up for doing a great job. The company’s head Corporate Communication (CC) thought I was part of the CC department, but I told her that I’m not. And that I was in Corporate Planning, but I sometimes help out our CC department. And she was impressed with me. I didn’t fluster, didn’t look nervous and handled the task quite well. The head of my CC department added that I was identified to be in the Group’s pool of emcees and that I had a natural pace. Of course I like all the compliments and was beaming from ear to ear. In fact, I couldn’t get enough of them. On top of that, the afternoon refreshments were quite nice. There were dim sum (really nice selection), sate, chicken box (to me it just looks like fried chicken), sandwiches an assortment of salmon, cheese and tuna sandwiches, mini pizzas, salad, mini murtabak, and fruits.
So yeah, the day turned out to be alright. Yes I was neck-to-neck with my boss and Co Sec to ensure that the papers were signed and finalized, but in the end, the day turned out to be great. So, I just thought of sharing it with everyone here.

2 comments:
Hi stranger,
It's me once again.. so looks like you had a great time last week.
Speaking of Dato' Effendi, ya I think he's quite good looking and adorable at his age..Tiara is one lucky lad (or the way around..) But if you notice, he always go for a very strong character women.. his ex-wife is one tough no-nonsense, highly independent and determined lady. Someone you don't want to mess around. Tiara too has that similar traits with her.
Emm.. I think I know the deal you're talking here. I read it on newspapers last week. It's about the land his company acquired at Iskandar Malaysia.. and by that I think I can guess which company you are working with..
Hi Cleo X,
Dato' Effendi was just adorable. I loved the way he spoke. So calm. I don't know about the women in his life, but it's kind a cool to find that there are still men out there who admires strong-charactered women. Kudos to Dato' Effendi.
So now you think you know the company I work for, eh? Hhmm.. well, it is quite obvious isn't it? Thanks for dropping by...
Post a Comment