Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Last Minute Baru Nak Comment

I am currently doing this circular which we need to circulate to our shareholders at the forthcoming AGM, which will be the first for us since we just got listed last year. It’s on Recurrent Transactions.. boring stuff. Anyway, what pisses me off, is that, the circular is about to be completed, and suddenly, at the last minute, comments from nowhere start pouring in. Company Secretaries from God knows where suddenly have comments of their own. Questioning why certain things are done like that, or why aren’t we lumping certain transactions into one (hello… we have our reasons..). It’s just so irritating. I hate it when at the very last minute of completing something, suddenly all these irritating comments appear out of nowhere. It has happened in the past (not for circulars) but for other documents. Being me, I just ignored them because I think those comments were baseless, made only in view of recent events. I mean, I was there from the beginning, so of course I know a lot more than whoever that Tom, Dick and Harry said.

And now I am really mad. I think I should just ignore their remarks. I mean, yes those that are required, I’ll take into account, but those comments which I think are not of substance, I am definitely going to ignore them. I mean, come on.. you’re not the bosses of me, so why should I take into account EVERYTHING you said? [sigh..] this is so irritating.

Ok.. that’s just me, expressing my emotions..

6 comments:

ManaL said...

That means u need to think AHEAD, much2 AHEAD and expect such things laa.... Masa i pegang jawatan Head of the Secretariat for our last year's international conference, i had no experience handling it at all! But i learnt and learnt and invited comments throughout and had to be in advance by basing on my own observation of previous conferences that i attended. Those yg dah byk experiences pon referred to me how? Its never that easy to handle an important position to organize big event but that is also why we may need to make a monthly meeting to all the division/department members so that they are informed wotsoeva apart from our own committee members. Getting some feedback from these ppl outside our committee pon bagus sebenarnya, but we as the organizer must be open minded with an open heart.

Its better to hear suara sumbang sebelum event than getting loadsa critics post-event. Sabar byk ok Ija, and u better get ready to answer them and be ready with answers too in a professional way reasons to ur plannings and setups, etc, sbb u know better.

Go ahead, Ija , surprise those irritating ppl.

Mel Ija said...

Thanks, Manal.. appreciate the advice. I guess I piss off jugak dengan my Co Sec, because he could have obtained the comments from his fellow Co Secs back when we went to the Board last month. But he didn't. Memanglah bagus to get comments from them, after all it's going to be a public document and takut nanti ada orang query - so not good jugaklah kan.

It's ok. I'll take it with an open mind, BUT I am still not going to take into account certain comments that are of no substance and YES, I have answers ready for them dah, kalau depa tanya. Cuma I need to argue it lah, and make it convincing enough for them to believe why my way is the correct one. A bit kiasu kan..? hehehehe..

pah said...

knowing you, although you say you are pissed pun, you will still look at those questions and sort it out =)

yes, receive them with open mind, inshaAllah you will be more prepared next time.

(i miss you lah, we better meet soon!)

Anonymous said...

ija,

well, that's the beauty of being a boss.. komen saja, n expect teh changes to be done PRONTO.. hahahahha

mun

Mel Ija said...

Pah,

You know me so well..!! Hehehehe.. well, I am still responsible, ain't I.. but yes, I will have to learn continue receiving comments with an open mind.. [which may be difficult at times, but one has to do it]..

Miss you too.. hopefully 30th April plan jadik..

Mel Ija said...

Mun,

Bosses will always be BOSSES.. sometimes, they don't know anything, but they act like as if they know many things..!!