Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tired Lah Today

I am so not up to be doing anything today. I just feel so tired. Deprive of sleep even though I think I slept quite enough. Well, at this age and time considering my current condition, six to seven hours of sleep should be sufficient. I seriously want more, but too bad. I just do not have the luxury.

I have so many things to do. A board paper to be finalized by tomorrow (first draft), a letter (BM version), and my PMS form. All of them by tomorrow. I dislike doing PMS form. I know it’s important, but I just do not have the heart to do it. Especially when there are certain KPIs which have not been met yet. I hate this KPI thingy. Everything is so individual-oriented that people will do anything to ensure that their KPIs are achieved, even if it means trampling other people’s heads. It’s just not the way I do things. I am more of a team-oriented person. I believe that output and solutions are better when done in teams. Oh well, you can’t have it all.

I don’t like to b@#%h about work, but sometimes I just need to let it out of my system. I don’t believe in staying back very late in the office just so that I can finish certain things (unless they’re really urgent and is required first thing the next morning). I have kids. I want to go home to them. It’s bad enough that during the day, the maid looks after them. So in the evenings, I want to be there for them. To cuddle them, and talk to them, and entertain whatever requests they have (though it can be very cumbersome, but they deserve my attention… pity my kids). Though I don’t work late like some of my other colleagues, my usual ‘home-time’ is about 7-ish. So yes, I usually leave the office around that time every day. Kasihan kan my kids? Bear in mind that the office closes at 5.30pm.

Today will also be like one of those days. I think I’m going to leave at 8pm. I have to. In fact, I was supposed to go for training starting from Wednesday to Friday. But because of unfinished work, I can’t. It’s such a loss really because people say this training that I am supposed to attend is really good. Heck, a colleague of mine came back wearing a tudung. So I suppose it must be really good. One needs some soul cleansing after a while. I know I do. I’m not terrible. But I am after all human. Humans make a LOT of mistakes. But since I can’t go, well not this time at least, then I wouldn’t know. Too bad kan. Sayang…

Now I can barely open my eyes. I think it probably has to do with the visit to the dentist yesterday (well, actually it’s not related whatsoever, but I still want to blame it on my visit to the dentist). The dentist said my wisdom tooth needs a filling. So she did the filling. But the filling was temporary and that I was supposed to come back to her in 2 weeks time to decide whether to extract the wisdom tooth out. She said there was no point leaving it there coz it serves no purpose. And keeping it will only result in more food being stuck there resulting in plaque and bacteria-breeding. So, now I have to decide. I know that by the end of the day, I might need to have it removed. It doesn’t really hurt at the moment. But it affects the gums at that area. The dentist said I’ve got gums problem. I was a bit offensive. I mean, who wouldn’t right. The mouth area and whatever inside it, is very sacred, and here’s the dentist saying I’ve got gums problem. Well, not the whole of the gums, but the gums near the wisdom tooth. Oh heck.. I have just got to decide, and that is to remove it. Even how painful it will be. Look at me. Rambling about tooth issue. Stop..

Conclusion.. I am just so very tired today. I want to go home…

No comments: