Thursday, February 02, 2006

Is Depressing the Right Word..?

What I’m about to write may make some of you puke.. hehehe, I mean. It’s perfectly natural to feel ‘nak muntah’ with what I’m about to say. Well, here goes… I MISS my Dearest Bie..!! There I have said it.

It has been 6 days since my Dearest Bie went to Italy. His first destination was Rome, then he made his way to Florence, then he took a water taxi to Venice. As we speak, he is currently in Venice. Enjoying himself no doubt. I miss him terribly. I didn’t know that I would feel this terrible miss. But, I am. And it sucks. I hate missing him. I hate the fact that I can’t just call him to know how he’s doing and that I can’t talk for long hours with him over the phone. The first day he reached Rome, he called me once… AFTER six hours he landed..!! I was worried sick. I didn’t have much appetite (percaya tak tu?? Me, the one who eats A LOT!) and was constantly in my room, brushing away a tear or two (imagine that… J). When he finally called, I felt like a huge light just shone in my heart. It was a wonderful feeling. The next day he didn’t call. I was in a state of depression. Didn’t talk much with my parents. I only played with Marsya the whole day, and at night when Marsya was fast asleep, I would look at her face and think of my Dearest Bie. They look SO MUCH alike. That sort of helped me with my loneliness and my terrible miss for my Dearest Bie. I didn’t even want to go anywhere. Ayah ajak pergi Giant, but I said no and the old acquaintance, yang we were supposed to go out, tak jadi so I continued to laze in front of the TV, with Marsya sitting on top of my tummy.

Yesterday was the day that I picked up the courage to leave the house. I went to Acik’s place and brought her and the kids to Jusco. After walking around the new shopping mall, I treated them to McDonald. But I still didn’t have the mood to talk that much. Today I felt a lot better. I went to Giant with Ayah and bought myself a blueberry pie. It was good. And the best part was that, Bie called me twice today. Once in the morning, and the other phone call about half an hour ago. It brought smiles to my face. And to add further to that, he sent me text messages (from his boss’ phone no doubt) saying that he was leaving Florence and heading for Venice. The other one was that he misses both Marsya and me (and he finished his message with ciao… funny coz it is so unlike him. I guess being in Italy and all…). So as you all can probably detect, I am slowly recovering from my depression state. I am now talking to my parents, no longer hiding in the bedroom for the termenung session, and EATING a lot as well (I think I have gained a lot of pounds during this holiday), I play with Marysa but not all the time. I mean, I don’t whisk her away into the bedroom to stare at her face anymore. Instead, I let her play on her own, under the supervision of Ibu’s Bibik.

So, yes… this cloud of depression is slowly being lifted off me. Now I am looking forward to Tuesday. That is the day that my Dearest Bie is going to come home. Ayah has volunteered to fetch him from the airport, well, he will accompany me to the airport. But I told him, no. I told him that I want to fetch Bie myself. At first he wasn’t happy. But I put my foot in it, to which he finally said yes. So, I am really looking forward to see my Dearest Bie. Next Tuesday, yeaaahh baby… !!

No comments: